Aurora University seeks talented faculty who are passionate about teaching and learning. As a private institution, Aurora University expects faculty to be involved in the lives of students through mentoring, student support, enrollment initiatives, and other activities related to the college experience. To facilitate this highly interactive faculty/student relationship, the typical teaching load is three 4 credit-hour courses per semester. Student advising is supported by professional staff. Undergraduate faculty share in the delivery of the general education program, most often by teaching within the university's interdisciplinary core. Evidence of successful teaching, or a strong potential for successful teaching, is required for all positions. Experience teaching at a smaller, private institution is highly preferred.Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Aurora University's School of Nursing seeks qualified candidates for a full-time (9-month) faculty member supporting student learning in the didactic, laboratory, and/or clinical setting in our Master's Entry-into-Nursing Practice (MENP) program. The position requires demonstrated teaching effectiveness and a strong commitment to excellence and student learning.Essential Job Functions:
- Support the university and School of Nursing (SON) mission.
- Observe all SON and university policies and practices.
- Fulfill the educator's roles and responsibilities as assigned.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the curriculum and the program.
- Maintain collegial relationships with the professional community.
- Improve professional competence as a nurse, scholar, and educator through formal and informal study, research, and participation in professional and educational activities.
- Participate in student recruitment, retention, and advisement.
- Uphold the provisions of the contractual obligations with affiliating clinical agencies; if teaching in the clinical setting.
- Participate in university enrollment, retention, and community outreach events.
- Teach assigned courses and participate in course planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Serve on committees in the School of Nursing and the University. Attend Convocation, University Graduation/Commencement, School of Nursing Pinning Ceremony (if applicable), and other events as requested.
- Provide academic counseling and professional mentoring to assigned students utilizing guidelines from the Academic Advisement Office. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required: Master's degree in nursing and Doctoral degree in nursing or a related field.
- Active and unencumbered RN and/or APRN license in Illinois.
- Recent experience and demonstrated nursing expertise in a variety of areas, women's health and/or pediatric nursing preferred.
- Previous teaching experience.
All benefit-eligible faculty positions offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Applications must include a letter of intent including description of education, certifications held, and all relevant experience, current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references including phone numbers (candidates will be notified prior to references being contacted). Electronic applications welcomed.
Please submit application materials as follows:Hardcopy submissions:
Faculty Search, Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
347 S. Gladstone Ave.
Aurora, IL 60506
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.