F00743Unionized Position Code:
Main Campus, Utica NYPosition Summary
Utica University is a private liberal arts college located in the heart of upstate New York that offers both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Utica University is seeking a tenure-track professor at the assistant/associate professor level in the field of Childhood Education. Applicants should hold a PhD in Childhood Education or a closely related field. ABD may be considered. Applicants should also hold teacher certification in Childhood (Elementary) Education and have a strong commitment to high quality teaching and diversity. Finally, applicants must show potential for leadership, scholarship, and collegial collaboration with faculty in an innovative department and school.
Experience in working with students with disabilities is preferred. Experience coordinating or directing programs is preferred. Experience in supervision of student teachers is preferred. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.Major Responsibilities
Education & Experience Qualifications
- To teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Childhood Education Grade 1-6 or related areas. Specifically, classes that include the teaching of Next Generation Standards, elementary curriculum, and methods of instruction for students with and without disabilities including English language learners.
- To be an active member of the Utica College campus through service to the department, school, and college as well as the surrounding community
- To provide advisement to students in educator preparation programs
- To show promise for scholarship in his/her/their field
Applicant Documents Instructions
- PhD in Childhood Education, or a related field required; ABD may be considered
- Teacher certification in Childhood (Elementary) Education, or a related field preferred
- Knowledge of the NYS Next Generation Learning Standards for ELA and Mathematics preferred
- Experience in teaching students with and without disabilities in grades K-12 preferred
- Familiarity with education research methods
- Experience supervising student teachers preferred
- Experience with teacher accreditation (e.g., AAQEP) preferred
- Experience with education advisement preferred
- Experience coordinating or directing programs is preferred
To apply, submit a letter of application, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, statement of research interests and experience, a separate diversity statement, and three reference letters. Since Utica University strives to be a diverse and inclusive community, it is essential that you include in your diversity statement a reflection on the kinds of experiences you have had, and the kinds of approaches you would take, teaching and working with a diverse student body. (For the definition of diversity that we use at Utica University, please see the following web page:http://www.utica.edu/instadvance/marketingcomm/about/diversity/aboutus.cfm
) Applications that do not address diversity will be considered incomplete.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.