Clinical Associate Professor & DirectorJob Title
Clinical Associate Professor & DirectorAgency
Texas A&M International UniversityDepartment
College Of Nursing & Health SciencesProposed Minimum Salary
Laredo, TexasJob Type
The MSN Programs Director administers and leads the day-to-day operations of the graduate nursing programs. The Program Director will work alongside the Chair of the Nursing Department to ensure compliance with state regulatory and national accreditation standards. This 12-month position is a combination of administrative responsibilities and teaching an adjusted credit workload.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the mission of Texas A&M International University and the College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- Secure accreditation and maintain compliance with the Texas Board of Nursing (TBON) and Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- Lead curriculum development and development of clinical sites.
- Collaborate with the Nursing Chair and Dean in the development and application of new graduate nursing degree programs.
- Supervise the principal and instructional faculty in all activities directly related to the graduate nursing programs, as well as, evaluate faculty performance.
- Serve on and participate in college and university committees.
- Develop and maintain partnerships in the community.
- Represent graduate nursing programs at the university and in the community.
- Participates in marketing and promotion of graduate nursing programs.
- Teach a minimum of one class per term (fall/spring/summer).
- Recruit new graduate students and provide student orientation.
- Other duties as designated by programmatic needs.
- Doctoral degree in nursing.
- Active unencumbered RN and APRN licensure in the State of Texas or compact state.
- Minimum of 5 years' of clinical practice experience as a registered nurse.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in academic nursing education.
- Minimum of 2 years' of administrative experience in higher education.
- Effective communication and strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Experience and knowledge of online delivery methods, distance education and/or hybrid education.
- Excellent organization, time management, and self-motivation skills.
- Ability to work successfully with a broad range of constituents and diverse populations.
- Prior experience with graduate nursing education program approvals and national accreditation.
- Administrative experience in evaluating performance and directing activities.
- Demonstrated leadership in community activities.
Applications received by March 4, 2022 will be given highest priority. The desired start date for the position is Fall Semester 2022. The search will continue until filled.INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process, you have only one opportunity to enter the requested information, upload documents, and submit the application. You will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once you "Submit" the application materials
. The software does not allow you to "Save" your application and return to complete the process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files.
Be sure to include:
- Letter of Interest addressing qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- At least 3 current professional references with their full contact information, and
- Unofficial Transcripts - Applications submitted without unofficial transcripts will not be considered.
Applications received by Texas A&M International University must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all job application data could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. "See resume" is not an acceptable entry in the job application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TAMIU/Clinical-Associate-Professor---Director_R-044144
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.