Piedmont University: Academic Affairs: College of Nursing and Health Sciences: R. H. Daniel School of Nursing
Jun 06, 2022
Founded in 1897, Piedmont University is a private, comprehensive liberal arts university with an
enrollment of approximately 2,500 students at campuses in Demorest and Athens, Georgia.
The Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing
will provide full-time didactic, clinical and/or skills lab instruction for students within the R.H. Daniel College of Nursing and
Health Sciences. Incumbents will be responsible for teaching across the curriculum and are expected to maintain scholarly productivity and
participating in service at the department, college, and university levels. Faculty must have a strong commitment to teaching and the
ability to work effectively with others in a collegial environment. In addition, faculty must be dedicated to engaging students in an
academic and clinical setting.
Achieve effective classroom, lab, and clinical teaching and interacting with students in a
professional manner through:
- Maintaining accurate and secure records of student grades, attendance, and advisement.
- Maintaining high standards of professionalism in the content, objectives, teaching, and grading of all courses.
- Filing accurate
course syllabi with the appropriate school each semester.
- Maintaining an understanding of college policies and the curriculum and
degree requirements of their respective schools.
- Participating in departmental, school, and college faculty meetings and serving on
committees as appropriate.
- Contributing to the ongoing operation of their respective departments and schools.
- Assessing their teaching effectiveness via annual evaluation and evaluating courses formally in accordance with official college
- Assuring their availability to students, faculty, staff, and administrators by posting and keeping reasonable office
hours, as determined by the dean of their respective schools.
- Ensure all clinical requirement standards required by clinical
partners (annual TB, COVID-19, active CPR, immunizations, annual or required vaccines), completion of required onboarding, and orientation
for agency assigned are completed as required.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance is
- On-site work is required.
- Incumbents must remain relevant in the area of employment and flexible to changes in
work related to institutional needs.
Education and Experience
- MSN required, Doctorate preferred
- Currently clinical practice
- Previous nursing education experience preferred
Licenses and Certification
- Active RN license
for Sate of Georgia
- Valid Georgia Driver's License (or obtained within 30 days of hire date) and satisfactory MVR.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Organization and multi-tasking
- Previous teaching experience in
ASN or BSN program
- Working knowledge of Office products (Word, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience with online student
management or LMS preferred
- Meet all clinical requirement standards required by clinical partners (annual TB, COVID-19, active CPR,
immunizations, annual or required vaccines, completion of required onboarding and orientation for agency assigned.
- Ability to
collaboratively and effectively work in a diverse and inclusive environment.
Environmental, Physical, and Visual
- Essential functions and responsibilities of this position require incumbents to be subject to inside
environmental conditions where there is protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
functions and responsibilities of this position require incumbents to perform light work where they will exert up to 20lbs of force
occasionally and/or up to 10lbs of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to move objects. Incumbents will be
required to: stoop or bend the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist; kneel to come to rest on the knee or knees;
crouch by bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; reach; stand for up to 12 hours per day; walk by moving about on
foot to accomplish tasks; push/pull objects; lift; use fingering and grasping; feeling to perceive the attributes of objects; talk to
express and exchange ideas; hear to perceive the nature of sounds at a normal speaking level; and to make repetitive motions.
visual acuity is required to perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this position including preparing and analyzing data,
viewing a computer monitor, and perform regular reading.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.