Ball State University and Our Pledge for the FutureDestination 2040: Our Flight Path establishes Ball State University's ambitious goals for our second century:
* We pledge to provide a premier educational experience for every student.
* We pledge to partner with the community to improve the lives of our neighbors.
* We are dedicated to having a lifelong presence in the lives of our alumni.
And when we complement these promises with our commitment to our enduring values
, we define that which makes our University and its culture distinctive.
Our faculty are collegial, collaborative, innovative, inclusive, and adaptive, both within and beyond one's home unit. These attributes include commitments to collaborative discourse, interdisciplinary inquiry, and enterprising learning practices.
Our faculty are expected to be innovative, adaptive, engaging teachers across modalities; producers of impactful creative and/or scholarly work; leaders in meaningful service activities to multiple communities. We seek faculty members who are strategic thinkers, engaging our dynamic communities. We are committed to student and faculty success, impact, and access, within an environment that prioritizes inclusive excellence. We inspire each other to be critical thinkers and responsible citizens, so that we can pursue fulfilling careers and meaningful lives.
Ball State University lives the values of Beneficence. We invite you to be part of our community.
Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, on an attractive campus 45 miles northeast of Indianapolis. Approximately 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students enroll in one of eight academic colleges that offer 120 undergraduate programs. We offer more than 140 master's, doctoral, certificate, and specialist degrees, with many of them ranking among the best in the nation. We engage students in educational, research, and creative endeavors that empower our graduates to have fulfilling careers and meaningful lives enriched by lifelong learning and service, while we enhance the economic, environmental, and social vitality of our community, our state, and our world.Inclusive Excellence StatementAt Ball State University, inclusiveness and freedom of expression are a part of our enduring values and inform all of our efforts. We encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with our Inclusive Excellence Plan to learn more about our commitment and to identify how you might contribute to these efforts.About this OpportunityThe School of Music invites nominations and applications for a one-year, non-tenure track faculty position available 8/19/2022. Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses in the Music Media Production Department. Course topics reach from live sound, mixing/mastering, acoustics, to digital audio and immersive formats.Benefits and Community: https://www.bsu.edu/about/administrativeoffices/humanresources/jobs/benefits-and-community/professional-staffRelocationhttps://www.bsu.edu/about/administrativeoffices/humanresources/jobs/working-at-ball-state/relocationAppointment Type:
Non-Tenure-track/ContractLength of Appointment:
FT Academic YearDescriptionFaculty members are also expected to function as collaborative, innovative, inclusive and adaptive members of the College of Fine Arts community, both within and beyond one's home unit. All College of Fine Arts faculty are expected to be quality teachers, productive in creative and/or scholarly work, engaged in public service activities, and contributors to the Ball State and Muncie communities and beyond.Minimum Qualifications
- A completed master's degree in Audio Engineering or a related field,
- Experience in live sound
- Experience in mixing, mastering, and production
- Teaching experience at the university level.
- Proficiency in Pro-Tools and digital and analog signal flow
Authorization to work in the US
- A bachelor's degree and one of the following:
- A producer or songwriter with significant experience and recording releases/publications.
- A live sound or installation professional with significant experience.
- A recording engineer with significant professional experience in the music production industry and credits for published recordings.
- A music business professional with significant experience working in A&R (artists and repertoire), publishing, artist management, or event management.
- Significant teaching experience in music production, songwriting, recording, audio engineering, and/or music business.
Candidates for searches must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree or higher in Audio Engineering/DSP
- High proficiency in development of audio applications in MATLAB, including the DSP toolbox
- High level proficiency in immersive audio formats, psycho acoustics
- Significant experience in recording of commercial groups and classical large ensembles
- Significant experience in live sound production, including FOH and monitor
- Experience with Ableton Live
Requires successful completion of a background check and education verification.Position Title(s) SupervisedNone.EEO StatementBall State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.Department:
School of Music:600040Department Email or Phone Number
202200931FNumber of Vacancies:
1Desired Start Date:
08/19/2022Position End Date:
07/07/2022Applications Accepted Through Date:
07/20/2022Open Until Filled:
NoInformation regarding transcripts
The option to upload transcripts is available. Original, official transcripts showing the highest related degree earned is required at the time of hire (even if obtained at BSU). Degree verification will be conducted.Special Instructions SummaryRequired in the Applicant Documents section of this application:
1. Cover letter of application (maximum length two pages)
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Under "Portfolio" please provide a document containing a link to an online accessible creative portfolio.4. An inclusive excellence statement describing how you would contribute to the development of a diverse and inclusive learning community at Ball State University through your teaching, research, and/or service. Please include examples of your contributions when possible. Word limit 500.Search Committee Chair Name and Contact InformationChristoph Thompson
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.