Posting Number: F2022-031
This position will teach a 3/3 schedule of digital media and animation studio art courses.
The preferred candidate will have:
- MFA in Animation or Digital Media.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with Animation and related software.
- Teaching experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs an equivalent of 24 teaching load credits (TLC) for the combined fall and spring semesters; reduction of teaching load through reassignment of duties is possible under certain circumstances.
- Engages in research/scholarly/creative and service activities at levels that are appropriate to faculty rank and departmental tenure/merit criteria.
- Provides services to the university and the profession.
- May conduct supplemental instructional activities such as independent studies, internships, advising, and thesis/dissertation supervision.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- May receive course load reassignment when assigned administrative duties in support of the department/college/university.
- May receive course load reassignment when assigned to prepare course material during the first semester/year when included as part of initial contract.
- May receive course load reassignment when approved to conduct research/scholarly/creative accomplishment and service which exceed normal expectations.
- May supervise the work of students and/or graduate assistants.
- May serve on departmental, college, and university committees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Extensive knowledge in the field in which the individual will be teaching.
- Ability to effectively teach undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Ability and commitment to conduct research and/or scholarly/creative accomplishments and service.
- Ability to work within a collaborative faculty environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively and patiently with students.
Terminal degree in the field in which the individual will be teaching is required. ABD candidates may be considered if Ph.D. is earned prior to start date.
Required Experience and Training:
The rank of assistant professor is held by an individual who demonstrates the capability to produce research/scholarly/creative accomplishments, teach effectively, and provide service to the academic and general communities. The visiting assistant professor may hold the rank of assistant professor at another institution.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.