Professor of Practice
Personal Financial Planning Position Description
Contributes to the
university's mission through teaching in an area of expertise, mentoring students in professional and career preparation and serving as
liaison with professional contacts and entities on behalf of the department or program.Major/Essential Functions
and mentoring graduate and undergraduate students (.5)
- Teach the equivalent of six credit hours per Fall and Spring semesters. This
could be a combination of Ph.D.-level courses, online Life-Centered Financial Planning graduate certificate courses, PFI courses, and other
undergraduate and graduate courses as needed by the School of Financial Planning.
- Develop curriculum within the overall area of
financial health and wellness, including financial psychology, therapy, counseling, behavior, and the existing Life-Centered Financial
Planning graduate certificate program at the undergraduate and graduate levels, as needed by the School of Financial Planning. Course
releases would apply to maintain an equivalent of six scheduled credit hours per semester.
- Serve as a member of dissertation
committees when needed for specific professional expertise.
Director of Financial Health and Wellness (.5)
- Use professional
connections to recruit nontraditional and working-professional students into the School of Financial Plannings graduate-level online
programs within the overall area of financial health and wellness, including financial psychology, therapy, counseling, behavior, and the
existing Life-Centered Financial Planning graduate certificate program. This includes recruiting larger cohorts of students through large
prominent wealth management and brokerage firms.
- Develop a strategic plan to expand the School of Financial Plannings
curriculum to reflect financial health and wellness and to integrate with the College of Human Sciences health and wellness initiative,
- Online graduate certificate program development
- Explore dual degree collaborations (undergraduate and graduate)
with COHS and TTU programs.
- Explore other potential collaborations within TTU and the professional financial planning
- Identify funding opportunities to support research and program development within financial health and
- Develop continuing education credit opportunities to align curriculum with prominent designations within personal finance
and financial planning (e.g., CFP , AFC , CFT-I).
- Participate and contribute to the COHS Health and Wellness
- Provide oversight and management to faculty and teaching assistants working within the Life-Centered Financial
Planning graduate certificate program and new programs developed within financial health and wellness.
- Attend professional
conferences annually to network with professionals, and alumni, and foster new relationships.
Normally, a masters degree in the discipline or the substantiated equivalent in professional experience of ten (10)
years or more.Preferred Qualifications
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
- Earned Ph.D. in PFP, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Consumer/Family Economics,
Law, or appropriate field required.
- Industry experience and connections in
financial planning or counseling.
- Higher education administrative experience.
- CFP and LMFT required (AFC , CFA , CPA
membership in relevant professional organizations.
- Demonstrated commitment to
financial planning education.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness, curriculum planning, leadership, and collegiality
- A demonstrated and ongoing commitment to serving diverse student
- Demonstrated expertise in securing external grant funding.
- Experience serving on dissertation
- A track record of peer-reviewed research articles, books, and book chapters focused on financial psychology, financial
therapy, or financial counseling.
an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Texas Tech University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse
faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We actively encourage applications from all those who can
contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas Tech
University. The university welcomes applications from minoritized candidates, women, protected veterans, persons with disabilities, and
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.