Associate/Full Professor/Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs will hold a faculty appointment within the Doctor of Pharmacy Program in their area of expertise (pharmacy practice or pharmaceutical sciences). Teaching in the department of pharmacy practice or pharmaceutical sciences will be required as per faculty appointment.
This position serves as a chief academic affairs officer of the Doctor of Pharmacy program. The Associate Professor/Assistant Dean, Academic Affairs (Pharmacy) works directly with the Dean of the SoP&HS in strategic planning, program development, and maintaining daily operations of the School. Provides leadership and fosters teamwork with the Assistant and Associate Deans, department chairs, health science program directors, faculty, staff, and students to ensure the effective operations of SoP&HS in support of its strategic mission and vision. Provides timely and ongoing updates to the Dean concerning daily operations and makes recommendations to improve effectiveness and quality. This position, tenured and at the rank of associate or professor, serves as a direct report to the Dean of the SoP&HS.
Associate Professor/Assistant Dean will manage the School of Pharmacy accreditation process with the Dean and Assessment Leadership team, monitor and assure compliance with ACPE (Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education) standards for curriculum, assessment, and quality assurance, assist the Dean in the ongoing development and execution of an iterative strategic plan and a continuous quality improvement program, review and update policies and procedures related to the implementation of School's Doctor of Pharmacy program. In addition, Associate Profesor/Assistant Dean will oversee academic departments and directors within the Doctor of Pharmacy program, oversee recruitment of qualified faculty, participate in development/refinement of curriculum and serve as Ex-Officio of the Curriculum, Assessment, Interprofessional Education committee/councils and others as assigned. Associate Professor/ Assistant Dean will oversee individual faculty workload and teaching assignments in collaboration with department chairs, develop course schedules, community calendars, faculty service assignments, and other program-related activities in collaboration with coordinator for academic affairs. Associate Professor/Assistant Dean will cultivate and maintain strong contacts with the community, local and national corporations, health care systems, and professional associations and maintain and communicate up-to-date knowledge of current trends and upcoming changes in pharmacy education and accreditation standards. Associate Professor/Assistant Dean will manage academic and professional standards compliance processes for Doctor of Pharmacy program within the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, including grade appeals
1. Terminal degree (PharmD or PhD). PharmD or BS in pharmacy, with a knowledge and experience in pharmacy practice, is preferred.
2. Licensure in the state of New Jersey or another US state. Must be familiar with national licensing procedures and requirements.
3. Extensive academic experience in health science program at an Associate or full Professor level.
4. Experience in academic administration including accreditation, assessment, and compliance procedures. Strong working knowledge of Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) processes required.
5. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
6. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Campus: Florham Campus, Madison, NJ
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.