Delaware Valley University seeks an Assistant Professor of Media Communication or a closely related field and able to teach undergraduate courses from among the following: Introduction to Mass Media; Writing for PR, Promotion and Advertising; News Reporting and Writing; Writing for Social Media; Visual Literacy; first-year college writing. This is a full-time, nine-month, renewable non-tenure track, teaching appointment to begin prior to the start of the Fall 2022. Candidates must possess at least a Masters in Media and Communication or a closely related field with extensive industry experience, but a Ph.D. is preferred. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach four courses per semester among the above list and potential new courses
- Post and maintain regular office hours
- Collaborate with other faculty members to design and implement curricular updates
- Advise students individually and support the recruitment of students as needed (e.g. by attending an open house or speaking with a prospective student)
- Serve on faculty committees as assigned or elected
- Participate in professional development activities to remain current in the field
- Attend regularly scheduled faculty meetings, department meetings, and other required meetings
- Assist with department needs and development of outcomes assessment
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The above responsibilities are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilitiesRequired Education and Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters, Ph.D. preferred, in media or a related field
- Experience teaching at the undergraduate level
- Experience with online delivery of courses is preferred
- Industry experience is preferred
- Official transcripts required
Working Conditions: (Remove any that don't apply. Add any not listed.)
- A commitment to undergraduate teaching and mentoring
- A commitment to the value and promise of education for all students
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ongoing commitment to faculty development and scholarship
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Web design is a plus
- Typically sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Typically standing or walking
Delaware Valley University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.