See Position DescriptionLocation:
St. George 84770, UTJob Type:
College of BusinessJob Number:
Management & Marketing Position Announcement
The Management and Marketing Department at Utah Tech University seeks applicants for an Assistant Professor of Management, to start Fall Semester 2023. The Management program supports the College of Business core requirements and develops graduates with value-added skills and applicable knowledge in highly interactive, student-oriented learning environments. This position is open to specialization, but there is a preference for an interest in Strategic Management. More information about the department and its associated programs and faculty can be found online at https://business.utahtech.edu/
- Design and teach courses in Strategic Management, OB, International Business, and other related business areas in both lower and upper undergraduate levels as assigned. Base job workload is 24 credit hours per academic year.
- Counsel/advise students majoring in management and related areas.
- Maintain regular office hours and be available to students and other faculty.
- Attend department, division, and college faculty meetings; work with other faculty in program management; and adhere to university policies.
- Serve on university, division, and/or department committees as assigned.
- Perform other faculty duties as prescribed by AACSB accreditation standards for Scholarly Academic (SA) faculty.
Supplemental Information POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Terminal degree in Management or closely related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Applicants who are advanced ABD candidates will also be considered if degree completion will occur by August 2023.
- Specialization and/or experience in Strategic Management, Organizational Behavior, International Business, is preferred.
- Successful teaching experience at college or university level.
- Demonstrated potential to produce high quality, peer reviewed research.
- Ability to develop innovative curricula, appropriate course content, and teach under a variety of teaching situations.
- Ability to work well with students and other faculty members.
- Knowledge and experience of assessment and accreditation standards.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
Full-time (9-month) tenure-track faculty position. Faculty service begins August 2023, with pay and benefits starting July 1, 2023. Annual salary of $80,000+ depending on qualifications & experience. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.utahtech.edu/employee-benefits/
under "Benefits Summary" for more details. ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Application review begins August 29, 2022; position open until filled.
Candidates must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional references (including email addresses), transcripts, and a Student Success Statement (1-2 pages about their teaching or other experience, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population). Please upload all the requested documents when you submit your application. Employment is contingent upon successful completion and certification of required degrees and upon successfully passing a background check. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office (435) 652-7520. ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
Utah Tech University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution, committed to exceptional student learning and success that has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, our university is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams.
Utah Tech University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. We seek to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. Utah Tech University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of the University are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment. Utah Tech does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or the University's non-discrimination policies:
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit https://titleix.utahtech.edu/
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com, 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification.BenefitsClick here to visit https://humanresources.utahtech.edu/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the wonderful benefits available to you as a Utah Tech employee!
Highlights from Utah Tech's benefits package include:
- 14.2% retirement contribution, paid 100% by the employer (no match required), vested on day 1 of full-time employment;
- Regular undergraduate tuition waiver (paid at 100%) for employee, spouse, and unmarried dependent children to take courses at Utah Tech;
- Full medical, dental, and vision plans, with low employee-paid premiums, that begins on day 1 of full-time employment;
- Flexible Spending Accounts or Health Savings Accounts available;
- Employer-paid basic life insurance & disability insurance coverage from day 1 of full-time employment;
- Generous staff leave accruals, plus 12 paid holidays per calendar year.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.