Visiting Assistant Professor, Art (Sculpture)Agency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
College Of Liberal Arts FacultyProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
The Department of Art & Design at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track, Visiting Assistant Professor of Art in Sculpture for a one-year term beginning fall 2022. The Department seeks a motivated and collaborative artist educator with expertise in three-dimensional art who is enthusiastic about teaching at a student-centered university. Candidates must demonstrate an active studio practice and exhibition record, college level teaching experience, and commitment to working with a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff.
Teaching responsibilities include but are not limited to 3D Foundations and undergraduate and graduate sculpture courses. Additional responsibilities include participating in departmental meetings and BFA/ MFA reviews. Studio responsibilities include managing the sculpture lab- including facilities and equipment, purchasing supplies, implementing training and safety protocols, and supervising graduate assistants and/or adjuncts.
TAMU-CC is an officially recognized Hispanic Serving Institution. Situated on the Coastal Bend, our campus is part of a dynamic arts scene that encompasses the South Texas urban centers of Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and the Rio Grande Valley. The Department of Art & Design is a center of excellence dedicated to cross-disciplinary, collaborative initiatives, enriching our community, and mentoring students to be professionally driven artists, designers, scholars, and creative leaders.
- MFA (Master of Fine Arts) with a demonstrated expertise in a 3D/Sculpture
- Evidence of an active professional record
- Teaching experience at the university or college level
- Ability to teach 3D foundations, undergraduate and graduate Sculpture courses
- Knowledge of current safety and health standards in Sculpture studios
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse student body
- Commitment to participation in a team-oriented work environment
- Demonstrated teaching experience in at least one of the following at intermediate and advanced levels: figurative sculpture, woodworking, fabrication, metal casting, soft-sculpture, installation
- Demonstrated experience incorporating emerging digital technologies into traditional 3D media
- Ability to teach, mentor, and provide leadership to graduate students across disciplines
- Knowledge of trends and demonstrable expertise in the history, theory, and contemporary field of Sculpture
TO APPLY: https://www.tamucc.edu/human-resources/careers/index
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. Cover Letter, including a teaching statement
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Twenty images of personal work and/or links to applicable video/audio
4. Twenty images of student work with brief descriptions of assignments
5. Three professional references including name, address, title, telephone number, and email
The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected. Review of application materials will begin immediately.
For more information contact Professor Dr. Steve Seidel, Interim Chair, Department of Art & Design at email@example.com
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Visiting-Assistant-Professor--Art--Sculpture-_R-052163
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.