Prairie View A&M UniversityAdmission Counselor IIJob Title
Admission Counselor IIAgency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Office of AdmissionsProposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
The Admissions Counselor II, under general supervision, identifies, recruits, and contributes to increasing the population of admitted, enrolled, and underrepresented students. Serves as a mentor, coordinates travel schedules and assignments, and develops recruiting plans for Undergraduate Admissions.There are currently 3 Admission Counselor II positions to be filled from this applicant pools in the Office of Admissions at Prairie View A&M University.Responsibilities:
Required Education & Experience:
- Counsels and advises prospective students about admissions requirements, policies, statuses, and office programs. Performs data entry to process applications, review prospective student records, make admissions decisions, determine residency status, and manage the workflow of student information data used to communicate admission decisions. Maintains accuracy of information entered into the student information database.
- Coordinates with high school counselors to facilitate the applications process and participates in recruitment activities, such as campus trips, application nights, and designated area projects. Demonstrates excellence in customer service through consistent follow-up with prospective students and their families, and current, and existing school partnerships via phone, email, text, video conferencing and individual meetings.
- Determines transfer credit equivalencies by researching equivalencies through the TES database, comparing course titles and descriptions of courses completed, by students at other colleges and universities with courses offered at the university, and awarding credit according to established University policies.
- Analyze, authenticate, and research documents submitted for evaluation of transfer credit or advance standing credit for prior learning.
- Evaluate documents submitted to determine course applicability and/or equivalency.
- Communicate with all student types regarding their credit review and applicable transfer articulation. Provide professional customer service and facilitate student inquiries to appropriate departments.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses and conferences, and attending training and/or courses as required.
- Keeps abreast of current information about academic programs and related student services opportunities used to guide the student and school/college partners through the enrollment process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of related experience.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Knowledge of admissions functions of higher education.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Applicants with equivalent experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree may be considered. One year of the related experience is the equivalent of one college year. Applicants being considered for the equivalency must have four years of related experience to meet the equivalency in lieu of a Bachelor's degree plus the minimum required years of experience. Applicants being considered for the equivalency must have a total of five years of experience.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments" section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Admission-Counselor-II_R-052169About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To sign up to receive email alerts as soon as new job openings at Prairie View A&M University are announced: New job openings at Prairie View A&M University