The Associate Dean, School of Nursing & Health Professions (SNHP) reports to the Dean of SNHP at Baltimore City Community College. Under the direction of the Dean, the Associate Dean will develop curriculum, conduct program assessments, and assist in managing the health professions programs, which include but are not limited to, Dental Hygiene, Health Information Technology, Emergency Medical Services, Physical Therapy, Respiratory Care, and Surgical Technology. The Associate Dean is responsible for scheduling and personnel management of adjuncts and will help develop budgets for the academic areas within the Division. The Associate Dean will assist the Dean in developing the day, evening, weekend, inter-session, and summer programs with a student-first focus. The Associate Dean works with the Dean, the VPAA, other administrators, faculty, and staff to deliver integrated instructional programs to promote student success in accordance with the mission, vision, and goals of the College. The Associate Dean will assist the Dean in promoting shared governance and the integration between Academic and Student affairs as it relates to advising, and student enrollment functions. The Associate Dean helps to foster, develop, and maintain strong relationships with local high schools, four-year institutions, and public and community agencies.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- A Master's Degree in one of the disciplines in the Health Professions (i.e. Dental Hygiene, Health Information Technology, Emergency Medical Services, Physical Therapy, Respiratory Care, or Surgical Technology)
- Working knowledge and implementation of assessment activities at the course and program levels.
- Experience in course and program review.
- 5 - 7 years of fulltime teaching in a college, university, or health-related discipline.
- Experience in developing and coordinating curriculum and instruction.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in ensuring implementation of student learning outcomes and assessment of student learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to academic excellence.
When inquiring or applying for positions at the Baltimore City Community College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the Baltimore City Community College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at the Baltimore City Community College .