Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 + (commensurate with education and experience)
The Dallas College Facilities Management Department supports the facility needs for Dallas College while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the College's physical assets. The Facilities Management Department is responsible for approximately 5,000,000 sq. ft. of physical space and over 1400 acres of land, located across multiple locations in Dallas County. The position of Journeyman Electrician supports that effort through the performance of advanced skilled craftwork in the electrical trade
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge and ability to maintain, repair, test, troubleshoot, install, and connect power supply at the assigned campus facility. Knowledge of local electrical codes and best practices.
• Knowledge of safe work practices, ability to work at heights and confined spaces per OSHA regulations and maintain a safe work environment.
• Ability to maintain a desired level of quality in assigned work, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production.
• Working knowledge of the location of all power sources at the campuses.
• Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve electrical issues.
• Ability to identify voltage levels with the use of digital multi-meters.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain productive working relationships and the ability to coach and mentor teammates.
• Ability to read and install electrical components from prints, design and modify existing systems.
• Ability to maintain instrument calibration and data.
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions under the pressure of continuing production.
• Ability to use electrical hand power drills, saws, conduit benders, voltmeters, etc.
• Ability to read and understand plant electrical power distribution online diagram, make repairs and understand terminology for high voltage systems.
• Ability to utilize computer technology in order to operate and manage computer based electrical systems.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with high attention to detail.
• Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written and provide exceptional customer service to individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, bending over, stooping, twisting, talking, hearing, climbing ladders, using stairs, reaching overhead, crouching, kneeling, or crawling. Pushing or pulling 10-50 lbs., lifting 10-80 lbs., carrying 10-50 lbs., repetitive use of arms and legs, driving, balancing, manual dexterity-fine manipulation or grasping. May require working in adverse weather conditions.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent, Licensed Journeyman Electrician plus five (5) years of related experience. Ability to work extended hours beyond the regular 8:00 am to 5:00 pm workday including nights and weekends. Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel. *** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. *
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures the highest quality of Electrical work across all Dallas College locations.
• Troubleshoot and resolve Electrical issues at multiple locations of Dallas College.
• Install electrical circuits, lighting, distribution panels, feeder cables, rough-ins and trim outs, etc.
• Maintain inventory of electrical supplies and may prepare requisitions.
• Estimate time and material costs on electrical projects.
• Works with other facilities teammates to ensure the highest level of customer service and provides safe and healthy buildings for Dallas College students, faculty, and staff.
• Assist other facilities management teams as required.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures; report any safety hazards.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for positions within Dallas College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Dallas College are posted, job seekers please sign up at new job openings at Dallas College.