|Adjunct Faculty Title||Horticulture Instructor-Plant Science|
|Job Type||Adjunct Faculty|
|Employee Type||Part Time|
|Pay Rate Information||
|Position Start Date||08/15/2022|
|Position End Date|
Teach horticulture classes
Share your expertise in plant science with students in MCC's rapidly growing Horticulture and Entrepreneurial Agriculture department. MCC instructors are higher education professionals who champion student learning. They engage and inspire students, applying innovative teaching and learning pedagogies to reach a variety of learners. They assess student learning to ensure student success, staying abreast of current and emerging trends in the discipline. Our instructors collaborate within the College as discipline experts, helping the College to reach its strategic goals through active participation in college committees and by promoting the College to future students throughout our community.
Master's degree in plant sciences or closely related field (Agronomy, Biology, Botany, Crop Science, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science),18 graduate credit hours in plant science related courses. Knowledge in the fundamentals of plant structure, function, and growth processes; and impact of plants on society.
|Other Required Qualifications||
- Willingness to use educational technology (i.e. course management platform such as Canvas)
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth, especially regarding contemporary expertise specific to assigned teaching content
- Commitment to the mission of the community college, and to teaching and motivating community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- The ability to interact with the students and peers in a positive manner.
- Commitment to working with beginning students.
- Demonstrated teaching experience
- Demonstrated experience in technology enhanced instruction.
- ICPF or AIFD certification
|Applications accepted until the position is filled?||No|
|If No, Application Deadline Date|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
When inquiring or applying for positions at McHenry County College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at McHenry County College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at McHenry County College .