|Adjunct Faculty Title||Instructor of Art Appreciation and Humanities through the Arts|
|Job Type||Adjunct Faculty|
|Employee Type||Part Time|
|Course(s)||Instructor of Art Appreciation and Humanities through the Arts|
|Anticipated Schedule||Fall, Spring, and/or Summer|
|Pay Rate Information||
|Position Start Date||07/22/2022|
|Position End Date|
|Essential Responsibilities||- Teach courses as assigned by the College.
- Proficient teaching courses via in person, blended or online modalities.
- Available to teach daytime, evening, or weekend classes, as needed
- Available for student conferences either before or after class, and by College email if necessary
- Develop syllabus using MCC syllabus template
- Work cooperatively within the department, the division, and throughout the College in striving for educational excellence
- Conduct regular assessment of student learning
- Maintain and submit accurate student and course-related paperwork and data needed for
college purposes in a timely fashion
- Document and report attendance daily and maintain and submit accurate attendance records weekly
- Submit grade reports electronically by the required date
- Utilize a variety of teaching styles in order to satisfy the different learning styles of students
- Utilize computer-based instruction and databases when necessary
- Master's Degree or Master of Fine Arts in art, art history, or related humanities fields (theater, music, film, literature).
|Other Required Qualifications||- Master's Degree or Master of Fine Arts in art, art history, or related humanities fields (theater, music, film, literature).
- Proficiency in Art, art history, the creative arts (including stage production, film, literature, music), and the humanistic tradition.
- Experience teaching Introduction lecture courses in art appreciation and humanities through the arts
- Willingness to use educational technology (i.e. course management platform such as Canvas)
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth, especially regarding contemporary expertise specific to assigned teaching content
- Commitment to the mission of the community college, and to teaching and motivating
community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated teaching experience
|Applications accepted until the position is filled?||No|
|If No, Application Deadline Date|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
When inquiring or applying for positions at McHenry County College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at McHenry County College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at McHenry County College .