Under the guidance of the Associate Vice President of Marketing, the Enrollment Marketing Manager will lead and execute various efforts to support the marketing and recruitment of new students for Adler University's three-campus system, including maintenance of Adler's website and other digital media assets, ownership and implementation of lead nurture strategies, and development of traditional and digital marketing materials for both the Admissions and Paid Media teams.
The Enrollment Marketing Manager must have a broad marketing background, with specific experience in website content management, database marketing, account management, and a working knowledge of SEO and direct response marketing. This position will work closely with the Content Strategist, Social Media Manager, Paid Media Team, Admissions, and several other departments throughout the university, so strong communication and collaboration skills are essential.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related discipline
- Three to five years of digital marketing experience, with a specific background in CMS utilization, database marketing execution, and performance analysis
- Minimum three years' experience with managing a portfolio of clients and vendors, executing on media buys, and copywriting and editing product/program information and ad copy
- Specific experience in higher education, non-profit institutions, or agencies is preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes
- Strong demonstration of alignment with Adler's social justice mission and vision
- Highly proficient with the following: WordPress or a similar content management system, email automation systems (such as Marketing Cloud or Marketo), and CRMs (ie. Salesforce or similar)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage the full lifecycle of a marketing campaign - from strategy development and execution, all the way through to performance analysis and reporting, and applying learnings to future strategies and initiatives
- Pro-active team player with strong project management skills to effectively manage resources and projects while executing initiatives on time and within budget
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- The ability to work collaboratively across various levels of an organization
- Proficient and functional knowledge of M.S. Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and other marketing performance tools
- Experience coordinating with third-party vendors including digital marketing agencies, website developers, and software companies
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Management of website and other marketing assets
- Manage all updates, requests, and maintenance of the university website
- Work with vendors, developers, and external consultants to ensure optimized performance of the website and implementation of SEO best practices
- Regularly audit website for content accuracy, user experience, and performance against KPI's while proactively identifying areas for improvement
- Serve as lead for coordination and creation of all enrollment marketing assets, including digital assets, admissions materials, and program pages on Adler's website and microsite
- Implement and maintain reports to help inform Marketing, Admissions, and other key stakeholders on website performance
Lead engagement / database marketing
- Develop and execute lead engagement strategies through database marketing initiatives, including via email drip campaigns, that ultimately drive prospective students and applicants to enroll at Adler University
- Collaborate with the Content Strategist and Social Media Manager to effectively curate relevant content for lead engagement efforts
- Lead conversations with Admissions and Program Faculty regarding lead nurture strategies and ensure ongoing communication of initiatives
- Implement and maintain performance reports to help inform Marketing, Admissions, and other key stakeholders on effectiveness of initiatives
- Serve as the university's program marketing expert, with knowledge of USPs, target audiences, accolades, and other pertinent information for all programs across all three campuses
- Develop and maintain competitive analysis for existing and new university programs
- Complete and/or assist with requests to create program copy for all marketing assets including digital ad copy, admissions/recruitment materials, emails, and video or audio scripts
Work Environment (Physical Demands): The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
The Enrollment Marketing Manager is a full-time position in Chicago with a hybrid schedule, working on campus and remotely.
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as responds, in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect, and composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School's Vision, Mission, Values, and Key Strategies through both verbal and written communication.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Cooperates with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and conflicts.
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts success of the team above own interests.
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships.
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive, problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and innovative solutions.
- Exercises sound, accurate, and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process improvement.
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Monitors own performance, accept responsibility for actions, and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and completes projects and activities in a professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs while maintaining highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key Strategies:
- Supports and models the School's Values of: social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honors diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism and collaboration.
- Articulates the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal, and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the School's strategic plan and key strategies.