Graduate Assistant: Communications – Athletics Academic Year 2022-2023
The Sports Information Graduate Assistant will be working with their assigned sports, which could include volleyball, soccer, basketball, tennis, track and field or cross country. The candidate’s background and abilities will determine sport assignments. The candidate will write releases, edit and design media guides, game notes, maintain historical records, compile statistics, maintain and upkeep their assigned section of the Athletic Department’s website (strichwolves.com), create social media posts (game day, final score), and assist with video interviews. Gameday responsibilities across different sports include inputting statistics, social media development and streaming video. Some occasional travel with teams will be required, as well as working events on nights and weekends. Regular office hours will be maintained. Candidates must maintain full time status in an eligible Cardinal Stritch University graduate program
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
• Assisting in all gameday-related tasks
• Assist with all aspects of games and events sports information
• Follow all applicable NAIA, CCAC and Cardinal Stritch University policies and guidelines
Web Site Management
• Assist with creating and publishing digital content for assigned sports and events
• Assist with updating website content such as rosters, schedules, bios and press releases
• Assist with statistical record keeping, research and archiving for the sport
• Creating Graphics, Media Guides and Historical Records
Video Streaming Management
• Produce video streaming events
• Assist with video interviews
• Staying in contact with coaches to get up-to-date changes
• Occasional Travel (post-season conference tournaments)
• Other duties as assigned
• Maintain full time status in an eligible Cardinal Stritch University graduate program
• Bachelor’s degree is required in journalism, communication, sport management or a related field
• At least one year of working experience in the college or professional sports communications fields.
Cardinal Stritch University is a Catholic, Franciscan university rooted in four key Franciscan values: creating a caring community, sharing compassion, reverencing creation and peacemaking. Our mission is to transform lives through value-centered education.
A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
In compliance with the amendments to the federal Clery Act concerning annual security reports, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University's annual Campus Crime Statistics here.
In compliance with the amendments to Title IX which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex and gender in education programs, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University's Title IX policies here.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)