Overview: All full time faculty members in the Kellner College of Education, Literacy and Leadership seek to advance the mission, reputation, and capacity of their departments by proactively building positive relationships with key external and internal constituents, including but not limited to: students, university trustees, administrators, alumni, and public relations. The individual shall contribute to the strategic planning and activities aimed at sustaining the vision and mission of the University and College. The position is a full-time, 10-month appointment with 27 credits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
A successful candidate will be dynamic, engaging, and demonstrate a commitment to teaching excellence in a graduate and Doctoral program.
- Maintain the ability to teach courses across the Doctoral curriculum including face-to- face and online courses
- Serves as a faculty advisor in the program
- Fulfills all duties as outlined in the Faculty Handbook
- Work closely with department chair ensuring that their annual goals are established in the areas of teaching, scholarship and service
- Teach 27 credits per academic year.
- Meets all classes according to established schedule and teaching load, adhering to the time (day and hour) and the prescribed length of classes.
- Prepares and submits supplemental syllabi for each course taught
- Provides appropriate assessment and grades
- Advises and coaches students in courses
- Submits grades to registrar in the specified time frames
- Maintains regular student office hours (minimum of three hours per week), and is available to students by appointment.
- Assigns and responds to student work in an appropriate and timely manner
- Engages in best teaching practices and stays current with research on teaching in discipline area including using appropriate and up to date technology.
- Produces scholarship commensurate to rank and appropriate to discipline
- Presents and publishes scholarship related to their respective discipline
- Maintains membership and participation in professional societies
- Designs and/or modifies new programs and maintains assessment plans
- Participates in grant writing if necessary
- Writes curriculum as needed
- Provides expertise in guiding university, college, and department or school in accreditation or certification activities.
- Attends all faculty institutes, commencements, and convocations and other major activities of the school, college and university
- Participates in school and college meetings as scheduled
- Serves on one university faculty governance committee
- Serves on faculty and other search committees
- Writes letters of recommendation for students
- Supports the work of the Kellner Family Literacy Center
• Represent the department in the internal and external community
• Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Doctorate required, preferred in Literacy, Reading, or Related Field
- The individual shall have demonstrated knowledge of their field of expertise
- Also required is a commitment to Catholic higher education in the Franciscan tradition
- The individual shall value a multi-cultural educational setting that promotes unity, access and quality.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Cardinal Stritch University is a Catholic, Franciscan university rooted in four key Franciscan values: creating a caring community, sharing compassion, reverencing creation and peacemaking. Our mission is to transform lives through value-centered education.
A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
In compliance with the amendments to the federal Clery Act concerning annual security reports, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University's annual Campus Crime Statistics here.
In compliance with the amendments to Title IX which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex and gender in education programs, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University's Title IX policies here.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)