- Elementary Teacher
- Elementary Spanish Teacher
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understands central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure of the discipline(s) taught and makes the subject matter meaningful to students.
• Develops and implements a data-driven, strategic planning system including course, unit and lesson plans.
• Develop lesson plans that ensure the attainment of state learning standards and the additional specific grade-by-grade learning standards set forth in the charter.
• Uses data for continual improvement.
• Uses classroom processes that support effective teaching and learning to promote high student achievement, designing lessons to promote all students engaged in learning all the time through such strategies as active learning, hands-on application, and teacher-student and student-student conversations about the learning.
• Manages student misconduct promptly and resolves conflict and crisis effectively.
• Provides students and parents with timely data for improvement in student achievement.
• Evaluates student progress and uses formal and informal assessment strategies to determine whether students have achieved high standards and modifies instructional strategies as needed to maximize achievement.
• Understands how students learn and provides learning opportunities that support intellectual, social, and personal development of diverse learners.
• Establishes and maintains a safe and secure classroom environment.
• Seeks resources necessary to achieve classroom and school goals, such as; course materials that match the reading level of students.
• Uses appropriate technology in teaching and learning processes.
• Demonstrates positive classroom results and trends. Develops a climate and culture of openness, fairness, mutual respect, support and inquiry.
• Works effectively with school colleagues, parents, and the community to support students’ learning and well-being.
• Accept and incorporate feedback and coaching from administrative staff.
• Actively engages in professional development opportunities.
• Maintains current teaching certification and, if needed, progresses toward a permanent certification and/or endorsement.
• Sponsor a club or extracurricular activity for students after school.
• Performs other related duties as required
When inquiring or applying for positions at Downtown Doral Charter Schools, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find jobs such as teacher jobs and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Downtown Doral Charter Schools and at other educational institutions in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Downtown Doral Charter Schools are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Downtown Doral Charter Schools .