Cardinal Stritch University is currently seeking a qualified Assistant to the Dean in the Ruth S. Coleman College of Nursing and Health Sciences. The Assistant to the Dean performs a wide variety of managerial and administrative functions to support the Office of the Dean of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, its students, faculty, and staff in the College. The Assistant to the Dean functions as an integral part of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences leadership team and provides primary support to the Office of the Dean and College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Coordinates and performs complex administrative and specialized/technical administrative tasks as related to the primary functions of the Dean and the College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Promotes the professional image of the College and conserves the Dean’s time by providing effective liaison between the dean, other university administrators, faculty, students, staff and external; promotes information communication or maintains confidentiality as appropriate and protects operations
- Maintains knowledge of and prioritizes all College of Nursing and Health Sciences operations assuring accurate and timely completion of all projects, accreditations, grant proposals, faculty and student documentation, etc.
- Oversees special projects by establishing objectives, collaborating with other staff and following up on results; determining priorities, managing time, monitoring progress, problem-solving, and making adjustments to plans
- Aids in completion of online surveys from accreditors of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Responds to requests for information and/or resolution from the Dean’s Office received from faculty, other departments, colleges, students, staff and individuals outside the University through calls, letters and electronic mail ensuring timely and accurate processing
- Prepares agendas for meetings chaired by the Dean, attends the meetings and takes and transcribes the minutes; meetings include, but are not limited to, College of Nursing and Health Sciences Deans Leadership Team, College of Nursing and Health Sciences Nursing Advisory Board, College of Nursing and Health Sciences College Council meetings
- Processes faculty overload and requests for extra payment
- Acts as a liaison for College of Nursing and Health Sciences students proactively expediting requests, concerns, and issues when they arise
- In collaboration with the Dean and Associate Dean, coordinates all ACEN and CCNE accreditation site visit preparations
- Receives, organizes, and maintains a database of current and available potential adjunct clinical instructors, and full and part-time faculty qualified to provide theory and clinical instruction to students in the College
- Collaborates with Department Chairs to manage program administration, including the hiring and onboarding of new adjunct instructors
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Five years of secretarial / office administrative experience
Cardinal Stritch University is a Catholic, Franciscan university rooted in four key Franciscan values: creating a caring community, sharing compassion, reverencing creation and peacemaking. Our mission is to transform lives through value-centered education.
A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
In compliance with the amendments to the federal Clery Act concerning annual security reports, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University's annual Campus Crime Statistics here.
In compliance with the amendments to Title IX which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex and gender in education programs, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University's Title IX policies here.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Apply Here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=74842&clientkey=4EE5DE3EDDD15922A3DA2312585626DB
When inquiring or applying for positions within Cardinal Stritch University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Cardinal Stritch University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Cardinal Stritch University are posted, job seekers please sign up at new job openings at Cardinal Stritch University.