Position Title: Adjunct Professor Craig School of Business Fall 2022
Missouri Western State University invites qualified candidates to apply for an adjunct teaching positions starting Fall 2022 in our Craig School of Business.
Missouri Western invites applications for qualified, experienced adjunct teaching faculty in the fields of Accounting, Management, Marketing, Finance, and Supply Chain. Adjunct Instructors are hired to teach on a per course basis and are hired on a contractual, part-time basis and are not on a tenure track. Each academic term may present the need to hire new or additional Adjunct Instructors. This position may require day, evening, face to face or online instruction. This position is part-time and as an adjunct will be limited to teaching a maximum of 9 hours.
Under general supervision, Adjuncts will plan and implement curriculum for assigned course(s); effectively communicate class content to students in an online or face to face environment; evaluate students' progress in attaining goals, objectives, and student learning outcomes; assist in retention effort.
- Adheres to all applicable university academic and employment policies identified in the Employee and Faculty handbooks and academic catalogs
- Develops course syllabus for each course assigned. The syllabus will include learning objectives and any required university information. Distribute the syllabus to campus administration and enrolled students.
- Instructs the depth and scope of class materials as outlined in the syllabus and catalog, relates instruction to course and academic program outcomes as may be defined by course or program assessment plans.
- Prepare and grade exams based on course objectives and published scheduled exams, and returns all assignments/graded work in a timely manner.
- Implements evaluation of outcomes assessments and achieves established results while maintaining college standards and student satisfaction.
- Work creatively in all assigned courses to keep students engaged to assist in increasing student retention.
- Submit grades at the appropriate time.
- Be responsive to student inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Chair or Director.
• Teaching: teach undergraduate students in field of graphic design, participation in programs that promote instructional development in the discipline; develop and manage curricular materials, ensuring that they meet departmental and university standards; participation in campus initiatives related to teaching such as learning communities, honors programs, and applied learning.
• Scholarship: applies current knowledge and innovations to important practices, and focuses on the nature and improvement of teaching.
• Service: document students' attendance, participation, and academic progress by giving and grading assignments, projects, quizzes and/or examinations that lead to a final grade; plan and create lectures, in-class activities, and assignments; maintain currency in one's area of expertise and discipline; provide academic advising and support related to the academic progress of students; is accessible to students outside the classroom, providing ample periods of time for counseling and mentoring students in matters related to academic success; engage in service activities in support of departmental, college, and university needs; service supporting community outreach; and service to relevant professional organizations; participate in student recruitment efforts as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree
• Teaching experience
• Content area experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
• Excellent teaching skills with an ability to coordinate with the faculties and students from diverse cultural backgrounds
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to engage large groups of people with complicated material
• Able to teach with appropriate real-world experience
• Able to demonstrate confidence teaching and presenting in a public forum
• Technologically adept: can utilize electronic communications, online learning management systems, and other forms of technology related to the position
• Passionate about specific academic fields and education in general
• Clearly understands curriculum design, pedagogy, and learning outcomes assessment
• Master's degree in higher in Business or related field
• Teaching experience in higher education
• Professional experience in business or related
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Possible on-line teaching
Selection will begin immediately and continue until all positions are filled.
Hours of Work
Schedule per class schedule
May require some nights
May require on-line teaching
To view more information and to apply please visit: https://mwsu.peopleadmin.com/
When inquiring or applying for positions at Missouri Western State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Missouri Western State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Missouri Western State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Missouri Western State University .