Position Title: Associate Dean of the School of Nursing & Health Professions
Missouri Western State University is seeking an Associate Dean for the School of Nursing and Health Professions. The Associate Dean will serve as administrator for the nursing programs, and will direct key processes for the Departments of Nursing and Health Professions facilitating interprofessional collaboration. This is a 12 month administrative position. The School has a proud tradition of providing high quality programs defined by excellent clinical experiences, and cutting-edge simulation and skills practice in engaging learning environments. Strong candidates will be visionary leaders, with a knowledge of regulatory, accreditation, and professional practice standards. Current, or able to secure professional nursing licensure and doctorate in nursing or related field required.
- Provides visionary leadership and strategic planning to support student success in quality nursing and health career programs.
- Facilitates the development of inter-professional practice in collaboration with nursing and health professions faculty, staff, program committees, and students.
- Positively impact enrollment by ensuring programs address the needs of students and future employers through collaboration across all healthcare disciplines/programs to meet employment and workforce development needs.
- Serves as nursing program administrator providing oversight with the BSN, RN-BSN, and MSN program coordinators, faculty, and staff in alignment with current regulatory, accreditation, professional practice standards, and university policy.
- Facilitates the planning, development, administration, evaluation, and continuous improvement of nursing programs, including meeting regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assesses and manages financial resources with faculty/staff input through effective budget planning, and oversight to support programs of high quality.
- Sustain and expand collaborative partnerships with regional health care providers, nursing leaders, and other health care industry partners.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and evaluate faculty and staff.
- Participates in the College of Science and Health Chair's and Provost's All Academic Chair's meetings.
- Ensures quality compliance by overseeing accreditation efforts for the School of Nursing & Health Professions.
- Select teaching of undergraduate or graduate courses dependent upon department needs.
- Performs any additional tasks/duties as requested by Dean or Provost.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations governing nursing and health care programs.
- Academic values, needs, demands, and vision
- Effective oral and written communication
- Scheduling, planning
- Organizational and Program/Project Management Skills
- Mentoring ability
- Budget and resource management
- Situational awareness
- Building community partnerships
- Ability to confidently teach and present in public forums
- Clearly understands curriculum design, pedagogy, and outcomes assessment
- Current, or eligible to secure active licensure to practice professional nursing in Missouri; the candidate's license to practice professional nursing has never been disciplined in any jurisdiction.
- Five years of clinical nursing experience.
- Doctorate in nursing or related field, graduate degree in nursing with a clinical component in either the bachelor's or master's degree program.
- Five years of relevant leadership and teaching experience in academic, clinical, or health care programs to successfully perform the essential duties.
- Interprofessional practice experience
- Experience with accreditation processes
Positions in this class typically require: talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Hours of Work
To view more information and to apply please visit: https://mwsu.peopleadmin.com/
When inquiring or applying for positions at Missouri Western State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Missouri Western State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Missouri Western State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Missouri Western State University .