Visiting Professor of Practice - Construction Engineering Technology (non tenure-track)
Engineering (Construction) Visiting Professor of Practice (non-tenure-track, renewable)
The Department of Engineering Technology is seeking a full-time faculty member to teach primarily engineering technology courses beginning Fall 2022, for one academic year appointment. Responsibilities include development and teaching classroom and/or online courses including lecture and lab in areas of construction engineering technology, construction management and related courses. Additional responsibilities include student recruitment, outreach to regional industry partners, student advisement, and providing departmental, university, and community service. The undergraduate program is accredited by ETAC/ABET.
• Teaching: teach undergraduate and graduate students in a specific field of expertise; participation in programs that promote instructional development in the discipline; develop and manage curricular materials, ensuring that they meet departmental and university standards; participation in campus initiatives related to teaching such as learning communities, honors programs, and applied learning.
• Service: document students' attendance, participation, and academic progress by giving and grading assignments, projects, quizzes and/or examinations that lead to a final grade; plan and create lectures, in-class activities, and assignments; maintain currency in one's area of expertise and discipline; provide academic advising and support related to the academic progress of students; is accessible to students outside the classroom, providing ample periods of time for counseling and mentoring students in matters related to academic success; engage in service activities in support of departmental, college, and university needs; service supporting community outreach; and service to relevant professional organizations; participate in student recruitment efforts as assigned.
• Scholarship duties are not required for the Professor of Practice position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong, clear Communication skills, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
- Excellent teaching skills with an ability to coordinate with the faculties and students from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to engage large groups of people with complicated material
- Able to teach with appropriate real-world experience
- Able to demonstrate confidence teaching and presenting in a public forum
- Technologically adept: can utilize electronic communications, online learning management systems, and other forms of technology related to the position
- Passionate about specific academic fields and education in general
- Clearly understands curriculum design, pedagogy, and learning outcomes assessment
Ph.D. in Engineering or equivalent terminal degree or Master's Degree in Engineering or related field plus professional Engineering (P.E.) license; relevant work experience in construction fields; demonstrated strong English communication skills.
Significant construction and prior teaching experience in the United States. Excellent teaching skills with an ability to coordinate with the faculties and students from diverse cultural backgrounds, ability to engage large groups of people with complicated material, demonstrate confidence teaching and presenting in a public forum, and passionate about specific academic fields and education in general.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds
Develop CET courses and teach in-classroom, online, and night classes including lecture and lab in areas of construction engineering technology, construction management and related courses, student recruitment, and outreach to regional industries.
Hours of Work
Varies depending on classes.
To view more information and to apply please visit: https://mwsu.peopleadmin.com/
When inquiring or applying for positions at Missouri Western State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Missouri Western State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Missouri Western State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Missouri Western State University .