This is a temporary assignment that will end at the discretion of the department or when funding or hours are exhausted.
GSU is seeking an Extra Help - On Call Athletic Trainer. The On Call Athletic Trainer, will provide sports training for GSU athletes on a as needed basis as requested by head trainer. Additional responsibilities will include:
· Administer daily medical coverage for respective collegiate athletic teams. (practice and events). (15%)
· Travel with a sports team to provide care (5%).
· Evaluation and documentation of athletic injuries. (10%)
· Provide training and information for the prevention and recognition for common injuries/illness within athletic populations. (5%)
· Administer preventive or rehabilitative treatment to athletes engage in various university sports. (5%)
· Follow standing order reviewed and approved annually by the team physician. (5%)
· Oversees athletic training facility, including the maintenance of equipment and the inventory of supplies (5%)
· Establishes and maintains accurate records of athletes for eligibility based on physical examinations, reports concerning accidents, injuries, treatments, and physician referrals. (5%)
· Maintain a clean, effective, and efficient athletic training facility (5%)
· Ensure timely and proper communication to appropriate parties (5%)
· Adhere to all CCAC and NAIA athletic training by laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures. (5%)
· Equip each team with appropriate medical supplies. (5%)
· Follow up with athletes and coaches to complete appropriate reports for all accidents and file reports with insurance company. (5%)
· Work collaboratively with the team physician, athletic training unit, athletic director and coaches in providing technical services and information for prevention and recognition of injuries and emergency response. (5%)
· Promotes the university’s mission philosophy, vision and advance the university’s professional image (5%)
· Follow BOC code of ethics and NATA best practices. (5%)
· Performs other duties as assigned by the head athletic trainer (5%)
The hourly rate of pay is $30.00
Work Schedule: To be determined (On Call)
When inquiring or applying for positions at Governors State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Governors State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Governors State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Governors State University .