Under the general guidance of the Manager, Facilities and Events, the Weekend Receptionist is responsible for being the first point of contact for the University and supporting students and faculty during weekend classes. The Receptionist leverages industry knowledge and best practices to promote the mission and vision of the facilities department and the institution. Supports culture development and management efforts.
The position is scheduled for Saturdays and Sundays from 8:30am-5:30pm.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of post-secondary education experience in an office administration position within a related field is required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team in a cooperative, supportive, and congenial manner
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and be flexible
- Must be organized, punctual and reliable
- Knowledge of AV equipment and technical troubleshooting capabilities (setting up classroom technology, video recording equipment, and video conferencing systems)
- Demonstration of patience, organization, helpful attitude, and strong multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to exercise friendly but firm communication, which is clear, direct, and professional.
- Demonstration of problem-solving skills, good sense of when to be flexible, and strong sense of responsibility.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, self-motivation, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Intermediate experience of Word and Excel required)
- Ability to consistently identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations based on observations
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, friendly attitude with a willingness to go above and beyond
- Strong demonstration of alignment with Adler's social justice mission and vision
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and visioning acumen
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and barriers to stated objective and employ assistance in addressing these
- Strong collaboration acumen and abilities
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity
- Proficient and functional knowledge of MS Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong research acumen and abilities
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, and listening
Supervision (if applicable): N/A
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide general front desk administrative support
- Handle initial telephone and/or in-person inquiries, provide information to persons seeking Adler University and/or general information, & redirect to appropriate departments when needed
- Aid staff, faculty, students, and the public
- Take tuition and other payments from students
- Ensure common areas are clean and in good order
- Set up of classrooms for regularly scheduled classes and special events
- Classroom A/V set up and troubleshooting
- Ensuring that all classrooms are left in good order and secure at end of day
- Provide faculty with administrative support during weekend classes
- Orient weekend faculty & staff with keys, access cards, office/classroom equipment, etc.
- Assistance in file digitization project
Work Environment (Physical Demands): The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as responds, in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect and composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School's Vision, Mission, Values and Key Strategies through both verbal and written communication.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Cooperates with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and conflicts.
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts success of the team above own interests.
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships.
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive, problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and innovative solutions.
- Exercises sound, accurate and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process improvement.
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Monitors own performance, accept responsibility for actions and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and completes projects and activities in professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs while maintaining highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key Strategies:
- Supports and models the School's Values of: social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honors diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism and collaboration.
- Articulates the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School's Vision, Mission and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the School's strategic plan and key strategies.