Governors State University is seeking to hire a Director of Education and Community Engagement for the Center for Performing Arts. We seek an individual eager to serve with a spirit of generosity, empathy and inclusion.
The Director of Arts in Education (AIE) and Community Engagement serves as a senior member of the Center’s leadership team, setting direction for educational and multi-generational family cultural content (music, dance, theater, literacy-based, movement, multi-disciplinary, etc), fulfilling the organizational vision to create experience and memories that activate compassion and transform the world. By engaging Chicago Southland communities in art through education, entertainment, performing arts, and dialogue, s/he ensures that CPA serves as the destination for quality and diverse educational cultural experiences, a resource for local area educators, and home for the largest arts-in-educational program in Southland.
Director establishes a strategic direction of AIE programming and cultural engagement for K-12 students, campus and community members in collaboration with CPA Board of Advisors, staff and GSU campus colleagues. S/he is responsible for managing all aspects of AIE program that annually serves over 20,000 schoolchildren, teachers and parents as well as educational activities, lectures, discussions and outreach for cultural programming year-round.
Director serves as an ambassador to promote the Center and foster community, industry, civic and campus collaborations to further its goals.
- Oversee cultural content curation of arts-in-educational and family programs
- Develop youth and family engagement programming (artistic literacy), including annual Summer Theater Camp, STEAM camp, backstage tours, lectures, workshops and masterclasses.
- Deepen Creating Compassionate Communities programming in collaboration with faculty to expand curricular connections.
- Accountable for the consistent implementation of the Center’s signature programs: AIE and family programming reservations, liaison with educators, and preparation of educational materials.
- Prepare and manage AIE budget including artists’ fees, contracts, hospitality/logistic expenses, curriculum engagement activities and submit to Director for approval.
- Supervise, train, and oversee AIE Box Office Associate, student workers, and graduate assistants. Collaboratively supervise Marketing Coordinator and volunteer ushers.
- Marketing Youth Materials: work collaboratively with Marketing Director and Coordinator to ensure that educational programs are positioned, branded and promoted with visibility and consistency.
- Manage Medhurst Fund Ticket Subsidy Program; liaison with Fund designated donors.
- Engage with campus colleagues to increase and deepen students’ meaningful connection and participation with the arts.
- Build and expand community relationships to promote AIE accessible destination, serving on committees, speaking to media outlets, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Draft proposal and prepare final reports in collaboration with CPA Director for AIE grants and other family-oriented and artistic-literary offerings.
- Work collaboratively with CPA and GSU staff to ensure a welcoming campus/theater experience for groups and individuals from reservation to bus arrival, lunches, and front of house experience, dismissal procedures, and post-show surveys.
- Present programmatic update reports to Board of Advisors and other stakeholders.
- Participate in professional growth to stay current with trends and developments in the use of performing arts in education.
Starting Salary: $59,216.63.
(This is a non-unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).This position qualifies for an expansive suite of fringe benefits including, various insurance options, paid time off, retirement and investment options, and tuition waivers. Visit: https://www.govst.edu/benefits/
When inquiring or applying for positions at Governors State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Governors State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Governors State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Governors State University .