Director, Center for Reproductive Sciences
School of Medicine
University of California, San Francisco
The School of Medicine at UC San Francisco seeks an outstanding individual to lead its Center for Reproductive Sciences. The successful candidate will have made major scientific contributions in reproductive, developmental and/or stem cell biology, have exceptional administrative, financial, and organizational skills, and a national reputation as a leader in reproductive science and medicine. The individual chosen will hold responsibility for the overall direction of this distinguished Center. Among other specific responsibilities, the Center's Director:
• Fosters innovation in basic and translational research using advanced technologies and novel model systems to promote understanding of fundamental reproductive processes leading to successful reproduction as well as mechanisms underlying disorders of the reproductive systems
• Acts collaboratively and makes decisions based on what will bring the greatest benefit to the Center, the School, and the overall institution, balancing the needs of the Center with the needs of the School and University
• Actively fosters, and demonstrates full commitment to cultivating, a diverse, equitable and inclusive climate
• Actively fosters a climate that is supportive of professional development and mentoring for faculty, staff and learners
• Promotes teamwork both within the Center and between/among other programs in all aspects of academic and clinical functions
• Serves as a role model for the Center by demonstrating commitment to the School's and the University's core values and ideals
• Upholds the University's Code of Conduct, demonstrating the highest ethical and professional standards, respect and concern for individuals and the institution, and promoting personal and professional responsibility and accountability in all activities
• Cultivates relationships across the campus among the Center and other departments and schools, across the UC System, and with colleagues at national and international levels
• Works collaboratively with San Francisco and Bay Area community leaders to identify learning and research opportunities that will benefit all.
An MD and/or PhD or equivalent degree required.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03922.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
When inquiring or applying for positions at the University of California, San Francisco, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the University of California, San Francisco and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of California, San Francisco are posted, please sign up at new job openings at the University of California, San Francisco.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency