Governors State University is seeking to hire a Broadcasting Engineer. This position carries various duties in the department with the focus on oversight of facility resources. The Broadcasting Engineer is responsible for assisting with maintenance/operation of all broadcast equipment and systems supporting DLMD. This person assists in implementation of effective production procedures to ensure our production department operates at peak efficiency. This position is responsible for assisting the Chief Broadcasting Engineer in their duties as technical leader of DLMD. The Broadcasting Engineer assists in the technical training of all staff.Essential Responsibilities:
- Assist in set-up, configuration, maintenance, diagnosis and operation of broadcast systems and equipment. Assist in monitoring, testing and measurement of critical systems. Assist in administration of network, media storage, archive and edit systems in broadcast and production environments including television studios/control rooms.
- Management of postproduction processes and facility hardware and software including: organizational systems for raw media and completed programming via LTO storage system, and JBOD library; and test and define best practices in file distribution/conversion based on emerging technologies and client requests; assist Producer/Directors in postproduction process by providing training and technical support in Avid Media Composer editing systems; organize and maintain EVO Project Share System project list, login accounts, and permissions.
- Provide television and media production services including CCU control, record/playback deck control, ingestion of programming footage in studio; provide expertise in remote production setup including use of fly-away production system and ENG-style productions.
- Assist with troubleshooting equipment issues, installation of system updates, maintenance of subscription services and version upgrades, maintain A/V signal flow to campus monitors, and manage equipment inventory.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of accurate and up-to-date documentation of all systems. Utilize facility and system documentation to facilitate/support activities. Maintains work areas and tools.
- Work with Program Developer (Coordinator) and Chief Broadcasting Engineer to coordinate use of facilities and fabrication of materials for new or modified projects.
- Other Duties Assigned.Other Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates knowledge and good judgment in matters of college policy and procedures.
• Stays well informed regarding Media Advancements and Technologies.
• Completes miscellaneous correspondence, research, reports, and memos as requested.
• Proactive Leader - Works well without close supervision and demonstrates initiative.
• Assists with questions and problems courteously and promptly.
• Communicate major outages to department managers.
• Maintain and grow technical and job knowledge.
• Close interactions with students regarding training and knowledge of departmental equipment and process.Competencies:
• Comprehensive knowledge of FCC regulations & guidelines.
• Experience with Broadcast Automation systems and maintenance.
• Reporting functions are completed accurately and timely, and in accordance with established policies and guidelines of DLMD and/or campus environment.
• Effective working relations exist with multiple campus organizations and departments.
• DLMD’s professional reputation is maintained.
• Apply proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills to help identify, report and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of the systems investment.
• Knowledge/ability to apply terminations/connectors to various types of network cables such as coaxial, twisted pair, and optical fiber cables that carry SDI video, AES audio, RF and IP signals Connector Types include BNC, N, F, RJ-4S, and D-sub-miniature.
• Skills to grow into a subject matter expert.
• Ability to install and configure PC and Mac Workstations.
• Knowledge of networking, Mac, Windows and PC operating systems.
• Basic understanding of IT Networking, Firewalls and Fiber-Optics.Starting Salary: $54,717.00.
(This is a non-unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).This position qualifies for an expansive suite of fringe benefits including, various insurance options, paid time off, retirement and investment options, and tuition waivers. Visit: https://www.govst.edu/benefits/