Prairie View A&M UniversityContract Specialist IJob Title
Contract Specialist IAgency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Procurement & Disbursement ServProposed Minimum Salary
$3,194.84 monthlyJob Location
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
This position is responsible for strategically procuring good and contracts for services for the benefit of the university in accordance with state, federal and TAMUS guideline and in a timely manner that ensures cost savings and best value purchasing /contracting on behalf of the university.Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Perform required reviews/analyze of university contracts, coordinate with Procurement Office and ensure timely execution. Process departmental requisitions as assigned.
- Perform daily contract office processing in accordance with PVAMU, TAMUS and state guidelines to ensure efficiency & accuracy. If required, coordinate contract review by of Office of General Counsel (OGC).
- Follow contract from origination to full execution, including purchasing if required.
- Upload and maintain completed contract files within the contract monitoring system and perform document retention tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting Finance or closing related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year of progressively responsible experience in business, financial systems, financial reporting.
- Knowledge of OMB Circulars and state/federal contract and grant regulations. Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Must possess technical writing and editing skills which include contractual language and procedures.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Applicants with equivalent experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree may be considered. One year of the related experience is the equivalent of one college year. Applicants being considered for the equivalency must have four years of related experience to meet the equivalency in lieu of a Bachelor's degree plus the minimum required years of experience. Applicants being considered for the equivalency must have a total of four years of experience.
Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or closely related field
- Two years of experience in procure or compliance programs and/or activity.
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments" section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Contract-Specialist-I_R-049735About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To sign up to receive email alerts as soon as new job openings at Prairie View A&M University are announced: New job openings at Prairie View A&M University