The Department of Psychology at Oakland City University, a Christian faith-based liberal arts institution, is searching for an Assistant Professor of Psychology. This teaching position includes key responsibilities in instruction, advisement, assessment, and evaluation. The Faculty member also will assist other Psychology instructors within the Psychology program in collaboration with the Dean of Arts and Sciences and other relevant staff.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates who will honor our university's commitment to recruiting a highly qualified and diverse faculty invested in the mission of preparing students for positive leadership.
· Ph.D. in Psychology, Ph.D. in a closely related field with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Psychology, or a Doctorate (Doctor of Arts, Doctor of Education, Doctor of Science) in a field closely related field with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Psychology. Candidates who are A.B.D. will be considered if they are close to completion.
· Evidence of potential for effective teaching, with the ability to teach a variety of Psychology courses.
· Three to five years of professional experience in a Psychology related field.
· Ability to teach Statistics in Social Sciences and other courses that cross-credit with Criminal Justice.
· Teach introductory and upper-level Psychology courses.
· Advise students majoring in Psychology and sponsor the Psychology Club.
· Coordinate course development and assess student learning outcomes that are tied to program learning outcomes.
· Represent the Psychology program to other groups and professional organizations.
· Maintain an awareness of emerging Psychology research, trends, and issues.
· Participate in faculty professional development and other school and university initiatives.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Arts and Sciences.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three references electronically to email@example.com. Resume and supporting materials can also be submitted by mail to Oakland City University C/O Human Resources 138 N. Lucretia Street Oakland City, IN 47660.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be held in confidence.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.