Pathology - 31540Job Category:
College of Medicine FacultyJob SummaryThe William L. Jenkins Forensic Center, a Division of Pathology, with East Tennessee State University, Quillen College of Medicine, in Johnson City, TN is seeking a locum tenens forensic pathologist, clinical assistant professor, to provide forensic pathology services. The successful applicant will join two (2) board certified forensic pathologists.
The William L. Jenkins Forensic Center (WUFC) is a state-of-the-art, N.A.M.E.-accredited facility sited on the beautiful James H. Quillen College of Medicine Campus. A complete support staff is in place with five ABMDI certified medicolegal death investigators, four autopsy technicians and full administrative support. The Center is responsible for performing 750-800 forensic examinations a year for the eight counties in upper Northeast Tennessee. The position is contingent upon outside funding from the eight counties, provided since the division startup in 1983.
ETSU is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all of our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. Successful candidates should have a demonstrated commitment and contribution to fostering and advancing equity, diversity and inclusion. East Tennessee State University (ETSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Perform autopsies for an eight county population of 512,260, with approximately 25 homicide cases per year. The forensic center also performs autopsies for two affiliated teaching hospitals, approximately 20 cases/year.
- Perform medical examiner duties for four counties of the eight counties served.
- Complete reports within guidelines established by NAME maximum 60-day time-frame for completing cases.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to lift, move, push, pull 50 lbs. or more required to perform the forensic duties.
- Ability to work as scheduled with occasional on call coverage status for Forensic Center/County Medical Examiner with limited scene response.
- Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- M.D. or D.O. degree.
- The applicant must be board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology (or anatomic pathology).
- The applicant must have ABPath certification in forensic pathology at the time of hire.
- The applicant must be eligible for a Tennessee medical license at the time of hire and must have license by start date.
F00514PSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsThe closing date is subject to change without notice to applicants
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.