Description University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus *This position is located in
Colorado Springs, Colorado.* School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hospital Medicine Open
Rank: Instructor, Senior Instructor, or Assistant Professor MD Position #00796317- Requisition
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date.
Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
- Anschutz Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed
for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration - Will follow Anschutz policy on
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an
inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse
backgrounds. Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hospital Medicine has an opening for a full-time Open Rank: Instructor, Senior
Instructor, or Assistant Professor MD position. Nature of Work:
Full time position in the Section of Pediatric
Hospital Medicine. Clinical responsibilities would primarily take place at Children's Hospital Colorado (CHCO) Colorado Springs campus.
Some clinical time may also be in the Children's Hospital of Colorado Network of Care and in the well-baby nurseries and NICU's at
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of
transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional
schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
Children's Hospital Colorado
- that treat more
than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado
Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research
fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
. Position Emphasis:
- Proctoring, supervising or teaching students, residents or trainees in a clinical setting.
- Care of pediatric patients admitted to general pediatric wards or observation units at the Children's Hospital Colorado -
Colorado Springs and its Network of Care.
- Care of well newborns and newborns admitted to Level 2 NICU.
newborn circumcision and lumbar puncture.
- Clinical coverage for a 1.0cFTE hospitalist position is 166 day-time shifts. The
shift differential at night is 1.4 for 10-hour shifts, and 1.85 for 14-hour shifts. Shifts will be served on day service, overnight, swing,
nursery, and tertiary care. The position should be expected to work at least 50% as a nocturnist. There will be some reasonable seasonal
variation in the number of hours worked per week and the actual hours of necessary coverage.
- Providers are required to take up
to three Jeopardy shifts on average each month. If called in on Jeopardy, full credit will be given as a shift worked and moonlighting pay
will be given, or it will be deducted from your yearly clinal requirement. Your clinical hours will include major and minor holidays.
- Due to the multiple facilities within the CHCO NOC at which Hospitalist services are provided, you may be required to provide care at
a site other than the usual site of practice. Notification of the need to provide care at an alternative site will be made as soon as
possible. Orientation to a new site of practice will be provided by the site medical director or their designee.
- You are
required to complete EPIC training to achieve proficiency in charting with the EMR. You will also comply with all CHCO and CU Medicine
rules regarding timely and accurate documentation in the EPIC EMR.
- Practitioner is expected to comply with annual PRISM
- You will be expected to spend several days each month tending to non-clinical duties such as teaching,
quality improvement/research and administrative obligations. Administrative responsibilities may include input into hospital and clinic
systems, committee work and projects aimed at improving the hospital medicine service and clinical mission.
- Attendance and
participation at the monthly staff meetings are required.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses
related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable. Salary and Benefits:
The salary range
has been established at:
- Instructor: $148,000 - $160,000
- Senior Instructor: $155,000 - $163,900
Assistant Professor: $160,000 - 173,800
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of
factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range
(or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave,
health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 Diversity and Equity:
University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request
an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz
Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives
to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities,
persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and
equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe
and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background
investigations for all prospective employees.Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Conditions of Employment:
- BC/BE in General
Pediatrics or Pediatric Hospital Medicine.
- Completion of pediatric residency training and/or a minimum of 0-3 years of
experience in general pediatrics or hospital medicine.
- Senior Instructor
- BC/BE in General Pediatrics
or Pediatric Hospital Medicine.
- Completion of pediatric residency training and/or a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in
general pediatrics or hospital medicine.
- Assistant Professor
- BC/BE in General Pediatrics or
Pediatric Hospital Medicine.
- Completion of pediatric residency training and/or a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in general
pediatrics or hospital medicine.
- Proven administrative experience in the field of pediatric hospital medicine.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado.
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check.
The applicant should be able to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be well-organized and efficient
in their work and be able to prioritize patient and system needs appropriately.
- The applicant should be highly committed to
quality improvement, family centered care, and evidence-based practice.
- Proven administrative and leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication skills to interface with learners, faculty, health care teams, administrators, community organizations and
- Experience in Hospital Medicine.
- Experience in newborn care and
- Sustained clinical experience in pediatric hospital medicine.
- Demonstrated leadership and accomplishments in
complex organizational environments.
- Documented vision and success in building clinical programs.
Instructions to Applicants : Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
, refer to requisition 25757. Application deadline is as soon as possible. Questions should be
directed to: Rudy Lindsey at email@example.com
. Application Materials Required :
Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions : Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers
and attach: 1. A letter of application which
specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional
references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Please be advised that the University does check
references as part of the employment process. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 21566 -
SOM-PEDS HospMed-GenOpsPosting Date:
Apr 29, 2022Closing Date:
Rudy LindseyContact Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPosting Number:
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.