Prairie View A&M UniversityMechanical Engineering NASA InternJob Title
Mechanical Engineering | NASA InternAgency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Mechanical EngineeringProposed Minimum Salary
$25.00 hourlyJob Location
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
Student WorkerJob DescriptionResponsibilities
Required Education and Experience:
- Learn software stimulation tools in NASA Johnson Space Center's Laboratories
- Perform assigned engineering tasks using the software simulation tools.
- Participate in design/analysis meetings required by a NASA internship supervisor.
- Submit weekly reports to the supervisor.
- Other duties as required
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Presently enrolled at Prairie View A&M University for at least nine (9) graduate or six (6) undergraduate semester credit hours during the term in which the work is to be done.
- Must be in academic good standing (SAP) as demonstrated through your college; minimum 2.0 GPA
- No prior experience necessary
- For work eligibility during a summer term, a student must be enrolled for at least six (6) graduate or undergraduate semester credit hours during the term in which the work is to be done or preregistered at least six (6) undergraduate semester hours or nine (9) graduate semester hours for the upcoming fall term.
- The student intern must have software simulation skills of using NASA developed simulation environments; C++ Programming; Microsoft Office; Certificate of TRICK programming training issued by NASA/CACI and Effective Written & Verbal Communication.
Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box.
- This position requires travel to NASA Johnson Space Center.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Detailed Class Schedule
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1793 or email@example.com
should you need assistance with the online application process.
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU career site.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Mechanical-Engineering---NASA-Intern_R-049517About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To sign up to receive email alerts as soon as new job openings at Prairie View A&M University are announced: New job openings at Prairie View A&M University