Assistant/Associate Professor (Agricultural Sciences)Agency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Ag. Nutrition & Human EcologyProposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
This position will be responsible for teaching undergraduate level courses and engage in other student learning activities in the Agriculture program. In addition, this role will be responsible for leading the effort to establish a new curriculum in Agricultural Sciences Teaching. The candidate is also expected to seek and acquire externally funded grants and contracts relevant to research projects and maintain a translational research program relative to the field and publish results in refereed journals. Additionally, the candidate is expected to participate in department, college, university, community and professional service.Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Lead the effort to establish a new curriculum in Agricultural Sciences Teaching.
- Teach undergraduate level courses in Agricultural Teacher Education. Advise undergraduate students and work with student organizations including participation in campus FFA and CDE events. Assist with the recruitment of students into the Agriculture program.
- Implement research relative to agricultural teacher education and publish results of this research in refereed journals.
- Seek and acquire externally funded grants and contracts for relevant research projects.
- Engage in service activities with colleagues, the department, college, university, community and professional organizations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ph.D. in agricultural education or a closely related field.
- Preferably, candidates must have at least 1-2 years minimum experience of teaching at the undergraduate and or graduate level
Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either "Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter" on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the "Resume/CV" or Resume/Cover Letter" attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in written and oral communication skills for diverse audiences.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the ability for effective teaching and scholarship.
- Potential for obtaining external funding
- Demonstrate support of professional organizations in the discipline
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments" section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.