Assistant or Associate Professor of HumanitiesAgency
Texas A&M University - Central TexasDepartment
College Of Arts & SciencesProposed Minimum Salary
$4,500.00 monthlyJob Location
Killeen, TexasJob Type
The College of Arts and Sciences and the Department of Humanities at Texas A&M University Central Texas (T AMUCT) is pleased to announce a tenure-track position for an Assistant or Associate Professor who can lead our undergraduate and graduate interdisciplinary degree programs while also supporting programs related to their scholarly and professional activities.
The ideal candidate will be able to connect their doctoral work and ongoing scholarship to interdisciplinary conversations. Candidates with scholarship and expertise in digital humanities, professional communication, or media studies are especially welcome. All candidates should be able to demonstrate successful strategies for helping students connect their academic preparation to professional readiness in the current workforce or advanced scholarly work.
To apply, applicants should prepare a cover letter, a CV, and a statement of teaching that directly addresses a desire to teach at an upper-level and graduate only institution, to lead TAMUCT's major interdisciplinary efforts, to prepare students for advanced study or entry into the workforce, and to remain active in their area of scholarship. Applicants should also provide names and contact information for three references. Description of Job Responsibility:
- Develop and teach the required graduate and undergraduate level classes in liberal studies, and graduate and undergraduate areas in the candidate's home discipline. Write syllabi for the courses using the approved format of the College of Arts and Sciences. Meet with students enrolled in their classes when students need additional assistance with class material and assignments. Teach twenty-four workload credits each academic year. Summer semester teaching is often available and negotiated on an as needed basis.
- Pursue a research agenda and publish in peer-reviewed venues. Remain active in scholarly organizations that support the candidate's research agenda. Mentor/collaborate with students on independent research projects and prepare students to present their research. Pursue other scholarly activities as appropriate to the candidate's home discipline.
- Carry out additional requirements of humanities faculty including: Conduct learning outcome measures on all courses taught to assist in maintaining accreditation Attend university and college faculty meetings. Serve on university committees as requested or assigned by Provost, Dean, or Department Chair Provide academic advising to prospective and current students.
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD in or related to a discipline that can support interdisciplinary scholarship in digital humanities, profession communication, or media studies.
- PhD with an emerging or established scholarly record.
: Commensurate with experience Hours
: Full-time faculty hours (may vary)
Paid on a monthly basis
Nine-month tenure-track Application Deadline
: 13 May 2022 for guaranteed review, or open until filled with fall 2022 start date Required Applicant Documents:
Statement of Teaching
Names and contact information for three professional references
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.