Depends on QualificationsLocation:
Main Campus - Portales, NMJob Type:
Full time permanentDepartment:
Academic AffairsJob Number:
2022-00096Position OverviewPosition Summary:
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Eastern New Mexico University (ENMU) invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor of Chemistry, starting August 2022. The chemistry and biochemistry program at ENMU is approved by the American Chemical Society, and the MS in Chemistry has an average of about 6 graduate students during the past five years. Salary is based on qualifications and experience. Review of completed applications will begin January 21st, 2022 and continue until position is filled.RequirementsDuties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Teach lectures and labs for organic chemistry and related courses at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Interact with university's other programs including in Environmental Science, Forensic Science, Animal Science, and Biology.
- Develop an ongoing biomedical research program, supportable through the NIH-funded New Mexico IDeA Network for Biomedical Research Excellence (http://www.nminbre.org/index.php/research-project-program/overview), involving both undergraduate and graduate students
- Seek external research funding
- Maintain appropriate service to the department, college, and university
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or a related field is preferred, and qualified ABDs will be considered.
Working ConditionsPhysical Demand and Working Conditions:
- Ability to advise and teach a diverse student body
- Commitment to collaboration and working as part of a team to visualize, plan, deliver, assess and redirect programs as needed
- Ability to involve students, undergraduate and graduate, into ongoing research
- Ability to apply for and secure external research funding
- Commitment to department, college, and university service
Additional InformationApplication Review Date: May 30, 2022Condition of Employment:
- Work is sedentary in nature with 25 pounds of maximum weight to lift and carry
- Work during normal work hours and may include weekend and evening hours
- Work requires reaching, handling of objects with hands and/or fingers, talking, and/or hearing, and seeing
- Work may involve exposure to health hazards through the use of chemicals and instruments in the teaching and research laboratories
Must pass a pre-employment background check.Electronic Application Instructions:
Electronic applications should be submitted through the "Apply" link on the top of this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:Required Documents:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching philosophy (one page) and Research plans (two pages)
- Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
Contact information for three references (Blind reference call will be made on applicants who become finalist for the position)ENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer.
Eastern New Mexico University is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University's non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer at (575) 562-2218. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 562-2115. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs, activities, employment and admission, and the University is required by Title IX and 34 C.F.R. Part 106 not to discriminate in such a manner. For more information regarding Title IX please click https://www.enmu.edu/about/public-documents/title-ix/coordinator
. New Mexico is an open records state, therefore ENMU complies with the Inspection of Public Records Act, NMSA 1978, Chapter 14, Article 2, from the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General. Requests for records should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
. For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 562-2115 or e-mail ENMU.HRrecruiter@enmu.edu
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.