The Illinois School of Professional Psychology (ISPP) at National Louis University (NLU)
located in Chicago, IL seeks exceptional practitioner-scholar applicants for Full-Time Assistant/Associate (Open Rank) Professor, Clinical Psychology,
a core faculty position within our APA-Accredited Clinical Psychology doctoral program.
Successful candidates will join a cohesive faculty of outstanding practitioner-scholars who share a commitment and passion to training future health-service psychologists and providing psychological services in a diverse community. This is a ten-month, full-time position with assigned professional responsibilities for teaching, scholarship and service.Ideal applicants will be licensed clinical psychologists with the ability to teach doctorate-level courses in one or more of the following primary areas:
- Diversity and Multicultural Theory and Practice
- Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Psychological Assessment: cognitive assessment, personality assessment, integrative assessment
- Family Theory and Therapy
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to teaching within their area of expertise, core faculty will:
- Engage in academic advising for assigned doctoral advisees
- Hold active membership in departmental and campus-wide governance committees
- Teach 21 credits per year; develop syllabi and teaching materials related to courses taught
- Supervise doctoral dissertations and serve on dissertation committees
- Participate in program assessment, student learning assessment, curriculum review, academic admissions processes, and other program activities
- Participate in scholarly pursuits
- PhD/PsyD from an APA-Accredited program
- License-eligibility in Illinois
- Passion for teaching and experience in graduate clinical education and training
- Strong ability to mentor graduate students, particularly non-traditional students
- Adherence to the highest level of professional conduct and ethical standards
- Graduate and post-graduate experience working with diverse client populations
- Demonstrated participation in scholarly and/or professional activities
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning
- Professional experience in APA-Accredited practitioner-scholar programs a plus
About ISPP at National Louis University
The APA-Accredited Illinois School of Professional Psychology PsyD program has a rich tradition of training graduates to engage the world as health-service psychologists. The program employs a practitioner-scholar model and offers a curriculum designed to prepare clinicians who provide scientifically grounded, theoretically informed, and culturally responsive psychological services. ISPP alumni practice in all 50 states and in several countries around the world.About NLU
Founded in 1886, National Louis University is a private not-for-profit university offering programs through the doctoral level. NLU looks to honor its past while defining a bold new future as a contemporary, comprehensive urban university that prepares diverse students for sustained professional success with a deep commitment to Access, Excellence, Innovation and Equity.
NLU is classified as an Engaged Institution by the Carnegie Foundation and has been named as a top ten institution by Money Magazine where its alumni believe they are making the world "a better place."NLU Benefits
NLU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including medical, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition waivers and exchanges; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!NLU Inclusion Statement
National Louis University is deeply committed to serving its community, advancing access and equity, and ensuring that all individuals are welcomed and valued. We are dedicated to fostering a culture where diversity, equity, and inclusion remain at the core of who we are. These are more than just words to us: they are truly a way of life for the NLU community. We recognize that differences in age, race, gender (identity and expression), nationality, sexual orientation, physical and intellectual ability, and background bring richness to our work environment. We affirm diverse perspectives, innovative contributions, and authentic presentations of self from every member within the NLU community. We believe inclusion is grounded in the actions we intentionally take each day. Our goal is to inspire and empower NLU employees and community members to cultivate an environment where we collectively focus on uplifting and advancing our institutional culture.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.