Case Manager, Rising Star
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000+ (commensurate with education and experience)
The Case Manager, Rising Star is responsible for the coordination of the college Rising Star Program and its student population at the college location. Responsible for coordinating and providing various student services and functions in support of the achievement of overall program goals and objectives. Serves as liaison between college location and internal and external entities as it relates to the Rising Star program.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Experience leading or managing major change initiatives · Employ and deploy data-informed and results oriented initiatives
· Ability to identify and address opportunities and challenges that arise as a result of Dallas College’s current transition
· An understanding of contemporary issues in higher education is required through professional development activities
· Experience working with student support programs (counseling, threat assessment, health & wellness programs, etc.)
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees
· Experience working with special populations with differing needs such as foster care, homeless, underrepresented males, first
generation students, veterans, etc. · Highly collaborative leader with experience in a comparably diverse and complex college/university with a proven track record of enhancing quality, excellence, institutional diversity, equity and inclusion, and student success
· Ability to work effectively with ethnic, cultural, and socially and economically diverse student populations · An appreciation of shared governance and evidence of strong ability to work effectively and collaboratively with administration, faculty, students, staff, and other constituent groups and partners, both within and outside a college or university with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
· Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations regarding student accessibility and the Americans with Disabilities Act and Veterans
· Excellent time management, and organizational and problem-solving skills
· Knowledge and understanding of student development theory and programs; knowledge of student due process policies/procedures; knowledge and understanding of the current issues and
· Ability to identify, address, and collaborate with other academic leaders on solutions to barriers preventing a significant portion of our population from having a job that pays a living wage trends in student affairs and student development
· Experience in strategic planning, assessment of program(s) effectiveness, and development of guidelines to enhance student success units within the institution and with accrediting bodies
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, complex ideas, and information to a variety of stakeholders/constituents within the Dallas College community network related to career and academic requirements
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
Associate Degree in related field. Official transcripts required.
· Current and valid Texas driver’s license required.
· Ability to work extended hours beyond the regular 8:00 am to 5:00 pm workday especially during heavy registration peak times including nights and weekends.
· Experience working with diverse student populations.
· Excellent interpersonal relations skills.
· ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Implementation and leverage technology platforms such as Navigator, and Pieces to support the student care network.
· Provides leadership to the organization to ensure work is of the highest quality and consistent with administrative and operational best practices; this could include reviewing and revising strategy, approach, and methodologies used within the organization to ensure the best integrated practices for special populations.
· Oversee the organization’s key community involvement and program areas.
· Assist with community-building strategies that are inclusive of ideas and participation of residents, community leaders and partners, business leaders, and stakeholders; and
· Hold Individual and group engagement sessions for students interested in experiential learning, develop, and facilitate innovative workshops, and manage, develop, and advertise the experiential learning information resources available.
· Collaborate with other departments and student services to effectively market experiential learning through outreach programming.
· Engages special population students and alumni on internship options and opportunities, including customized services for specific populations.
· Uses standard quantitative and qualitative assessments to help clients assess career goals.
· Responsible for coordinating various student services and functions such as, but not limited to, case management services, financial aid orientation and paperwork processing, new Rising Star student orientations/campus tours, tutoring services, student recognition ceremonies, tracking student progress, graduation, transfer assistance, and other related student support services provided to the Rising Star student population.
· Establishes and maintains contact with community agencies, school districts, and organizations to promote the Dallas College, and the Rising Star Program through continuous visits to service area schools.
· Provides program expertise in the design and implementation of special college Rising Star events; provides support to the Rising Star student club; may provide follow-up assistance to Rising Star alumni.
· Works closely and collaboratively with internal departments such as the Dallas College Foundation Office, Dallas College Rising Star Office (DRSO), financial aid offices, and other campus locations in support of the program; actively participates in the Rising Star Committee.
· Maintains appropriate databases, materials, records, and/or data necessary to provide statistical information to internal and external entities related to recruitment, retention, student progress, program success, or as requested.
· Responsible for managing department budget allocation. Hires, trains and evaluates assigned staff.
· Utilizes excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse internal/external stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College community network. Provides excellent customer service.
· Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for positions within Dallas College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Dallas College are posted, job seekers please sign up at new job openings at Dallas College.