Prairie View A&M UniversityAssistant/Associate Professor (Counseling)Job Title
Assistant/Associate Professor (Counseling)Agency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Ed Leadership & CounselingProposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
This tenured/tenured track position will teach Counseling in the Whitelowe R. Green College of Education. This is a full-time, 9-month appointment beginning Fall 2022.Responsibilities:
Required Education & Experience:
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching, research, and service.
- Prepare candidates to successfully pass the state certification examination.
- Provide advising and mentoring for master's level students.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be innovative in advancing the counseling program.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Engage in the recruitment of students, to include, promoting the program at professional conferences and establishing professional relationships with school districts in the PVAMU catchment area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Doctorate degree in Counseling.
- Experience in teaching, advising, and mentoring graduate students
- Clear research agenda and evidence of ongoing scholarly activity.
- Experience in teaching in a counselor preparation program that includes school counselor certification and in the near future, a community mental health counseling program.
Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Graduate of a CACREP-approved program
- Experience in securing CACREP accreditation
- Experience as a counselor in a school setting or community mental health agency
- Credentialed as a Licensed Professional Counselor.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments" section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Assistant-Associate-Professor--Counseling-_R-047990About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To sign up to receive email alerts as soon as new job openings at Prairie View A&M University are announced: New job openings at Prairie View A&M University