Prairie View A&M UniversityAssistant Professor (Mathematics)Job Title
Assistant Professor (Mathematics)Agency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Mathematics (James Valles)Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
The Department of Mathematics at Prairie View A&M University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning in the 2022-2023 academic year. A Ph.D. in mathematics, statistics, or mathematics education is required, while having some graduate courses in statistics is preferred. Applicants from all areas of mathematics are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will join a community of faculty possessing a strong commitment to quality teaching, maintaining an active forward-thinking research agenda, and performing service to the university, community, and profession. The teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester (fall and spring). However, release time for 3 credit hours may be awarded. Candidates are expected to show a commitment to excellence in teaching, maintain classroom management and effectiveness, and to be responsive to the needs of students. Teaching with innovative pedagogies is encouraged. Scholarly responsibilities include maintaining an active research agenda yielding regular publications in peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings accepted by the department head, making professional presentations, and pursuing and obtaining internal and external grant funding. Published research is expected and is a requirement for tenure and promotion. Finally, candidates are expected to actively participate in service relevant to the Department of Mathematics, the Brailsford College of Arts & Sciences, and the University. Prairie View A&M University is committed to building a diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from members of all underrepresented groups.Responsibilities:
Required Education & Experience:
- Teach effectively in a variety of mathematics service courses and for undergraduate mathematics majors. Courses are predominantly offered in face-to-face format and possibly some in online or hybrid format.
- Perform advising duties and be responsive to the educational needs of students. Be engaged in enrollment and recruitment initiatives. Support student development.
- Participate in updating and revising the department's undergraduate curriculum.
- Seek external and internal grant funding. Maintain an active research agenda, leading to peer-reviewed publications.
- Perform service beneficial to the Department, the Brailsford College of Arts & Science, and PVAMU as well as the community (locally, regionally, and globally) and the profession
Ph.D. in mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, or mathematics educationRequired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience teaching a broad range of mathematics and mathematics service courses at an institution of higher learning.
- Evidence of high-rated teaching evaluations by students,
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills,
- Commitment to ongoing improvement and use of effective teaching strategies,
- Experience working with students from diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and academic backgrounds,
- Evidence of papers published in peer-reviewed journals and/or conference proceedings and possess published research papers relative to the number of years after obtaining a doctoral degree.
Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments:
- Three years of full-time teaching experience at an institution of higher learning,
- Experience working in collaborative projects with faculty in interdisciplinary fields,
- Experience working with grants or evidence of successful grant writing,
- Experience and interest in departmental service, such as student advising and student recruitment.
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments" section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Assistant-Professor_R-045543About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To sign up to receive email alerts as soon as new job openings at Prairie View A&M University are announced: New job openings at Prairie View A&M University