Prairie View A&M UniversityAdjunct Instructor (Agricultural Science)Job Title
Adjunct Instructor (Agricultural Science)Agency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Ag. Nutrition & Human EcologyProposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
This position is a 4.5 month, non-tenure track (part-time), Adjunct Instructor position in the area of Ag Sciences and will teach undergraduate and/or graduate level courses in Ag Sciences. Responsibilities:
Required Education & Experience:
- Teach undergraduate level courses that supports the Agriculture program and contribute to student learning in a variety of areas including but not limited to the following: Agricultural Science and Technology, Land Grant & Global Food Security and related courses.
- Engage in service activities with colleagues, the department, college, university, community and professional organizations.
- Keep records, post grades (mid-term & final), submit attendance reporting, and mentor students
- Post and maintain regular office hours
- Other duties as assigned by department head
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Agricultural Sciences or related field.
- 1 to 2 years of undergraduate teaching experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Doctorate degree in Human Sciences, Human Development or related field.
- 1 to 2 years of undergraduate and or graduate teaching experience, and
Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in written and oral communication skills for diverse audiences.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the ability for effective teaching and scholarship.
- Demonstrate support of professional organizations in the discipline
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments" section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Adjunct-Instructor--Agricultural-Science-_R-049487About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To sign up to receive email alerts as soon as new job openings at Prairie View A&M University are announced: New job openings at Prairie View A&M University