Prairie View A&M UniversityResearch Assistant Professor (Biosecurity/Immunology)Job Title
Research Assistant Professor (Biosecurity/Immunology)Agency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Adloc Cooperative Agriculture And Research CenterProposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
This position is responsible for developing an active research program in small ruminant biosecurity with an emphasis in immunology. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to utilize advanced techniques in cell and molecular biology and have a record of outstanding scholarly research and professional accomplishments related to animal health. This position will also further develop undergraduate and graduate course work in the area of expertise. This is a 100% budgeted research position that utilizes USDA Evans-Allen formula funding. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Continued employment in this position is contingent on research-based performance metrics, including generation of external funding, and continuation of USDA Evans-Allen funding. This is a non-tenure track 9-month position with 100% research appointment with the summer salary support for the first three years from hire.Responsibilities:
Required Education, Licensure, and Experience:
- Conceptualizes, develops, and maintains an independent program of research in the Animal Sciences with emphasis on biosecurity and immunology.
- Directs ongoing laboratory work; supervises and guides specific activities of research support personnel; and conducts regular laboratory meetings and participates in program development and program enhancement.
- Participates in interdisciplinary research and collaborates with other scientists constituting the animal systems group; and writes and publishes research reports documenting laboratory activities and findings; engages in grantsmanship to increase external support for programmatic activities.
- Participates in professional/scientific meetings and disseminates research to various CAHS stakeholders and observes University and CAHS administrative policies to insure full compliance with mandated training and implementation of the institutional program for animal care and use.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ph.D. in applicable field or discipline.
- Four (4) years or more of related experience.
- Knowledge of appropriate laboratory and technical equipment.
- Knowledge of statistical analyses and statistical analyses software.
- Knowledge of research in practical and/or basic sciences and scientific publications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Experience and/or strong interest in the area of reproductive immunology
- Commitment to student development
- Interest in multidisciplinary research and collaborations as well as in outreach/extension
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments" section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Research-Assistant-Professor--Biosecurity-Immunology-_R-049494About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To sign up to receive email alerts as soon as new job openings at Prairie View A&M University are announced: New job openings at Prairie View A&M University