Title:OASIS/Occupational & Academic Skills for Independence & Success (AEWD): Non-credit (Adult Education) Part Time Instructor - Pool
Job Category:Faculty CTA
Job Opening Date:February 22, 2022
Job Closing Date:
Pay Grade, for more information click on this link:
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Hours Per Week:0
Instruct noncredit Adult Education classes for Adults with Disabilities as assigned. Participate in general faculty functions related to the educational program and in-service activities. Assignments may include day, evening, and/or weekend courses.
The Occupational and Academic Skills for Independence & Success (OASIS) program for Adults with Disabilities at Saddleback College has an independent living and vocational curriculum that focuses on the needs of adults with disabilities in the South Orange County region. The objectives of the OASIS program are to help students advance their level of independence, participate actively in their local community, and transition to academic courses or career pathways, as desired.
Classes are available for individuals with various abilities and educational attainment, sequenced from Pre-Vocational to Work Place Skills, incorporating life skills and work skills consistent with best practices for adult learners with disabilities. Core classes integrate independent living skills, functional academics, social skills, and vocational skills. Students in the OASIS program learn functional living skills and identify resources that will lead them to their academic, professional, or personal goals.
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria (per Title 5, Section 53414):
1. Master's degree, or equivalent foreign degree, in the category of disability, special education, education, psychology, educational psychology, or rehabilitation counseling; and 15 semester units of upper division or graduate study in the area of disability, to include, but not be limited to: learning disabilities; developmental disabilities; deaf and hearing impaired; physical disabilities or adapted computer technology; OR
2. Bachelor's degree with any of the following majors: education of students with specific or multiple disabilities; special education; psychology; physical education with an emphasis in adaptive physical education; communicative disorders; rehabilitation; computer-based education; other computer related majors which include course work on adapted or assistive computer technology for students with disabilities; other majors related to providing specialized instruction or services to persons with disabilities; OR
3. Associate degree with one of the majors specified in paragraph 2 above; and four years of experience providing specialized instruction or services to persons in the disability category or categories being served; OR
4. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
5. A combination of education and experience that is as least equivalent of items 1-3 above.
6. For noncredit vocational courses, an associate degree or certificate of training; and four years of occupational experience related to the subject of the course taught; and two years of experience providing specialized instruction or services to persons in the disability category being served.
SPECIAL COVID-19 NOTICE:
Interviews may be held in-person (following all necessary precautions) or in a virtual format. Employees must reside in California while employed with the South Orange County Community College District (SOCCCD), even during remote work. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the SOCCCD.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, District employees are currently working a hybrid schedule of remote work and in-person each week through February 21, 2022. The number of in-person days may vary by position/department with work potentially transitioning to fully in-person on February 22, 2022. Further clarification of work schedule can be discussed with the Hiring Manager if selected as an interview candidate.
The SOCCCD is committed to protecting the health and wellbeing of students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the communities it serves. The Board of Trustees voted to require COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, employees, and volunteers with allowances for medical exemptions and sincerely held religious beliefs as defined by law. More information can be found on our District website by visiting https://www.socccd.edu/about/about_covid-19.html.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT:
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.
A California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) retiree may not accept employment until after the first 180 days of retirement. Anyone retired from CalPERS accepting permanent employment with this District will be required to reinstate as an active CalPERS member. Please contact CalPERS for additional information regarding your retirement status.
Any active vested member of California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS), who accepts employment with the District to perform service that requires membership in CalPERS, is eligible to elect to continue retirement system coverage under CalSTRS
If you require special accommodations in the application and/or selection process, please notify District Human Resources at least two (2) business days prior to the Job Close Date/Initial Screening Date, by either calling (949) 582-4850 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report to work on a regular and consistent basis, as scheduled, to assigned job.
CAMPUS CRIME AND SAFETY AWARENESS:
Information regarding campus crime and safety awareness can be found at www.saddleback.edu or www.ivc.edu. Paper copies are available in the District Human Resources office upon request.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The South Orange County Community College District is committed to creating an academic and work environment that fosters diversity, equity and inclusion and equal opportunity for all, and ensures that students, faculty, management and staff of all backgrounds feel welcome, included, supported, and safe. Our culture of belonging, openness, and inclusion, makes our district a unique and special place for individuals of all backgrounds.
Our District and our colleges are looking for equity and inclusion-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to the understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present within our community. When you join our District, you can expect to be part of an exciting, thriving, equity-focused, and inclusive community that approaches higher education with the lens of social justice and collaboration among students, faculty, staff, administration, and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position with our District, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our District's mission and goals for EEO, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
SOCCCD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Important: You must make sure that you have completed your application for a posting by 11:59 p.m., Pacific Time, on the posting's Job Close Date, along with any required documents, in order to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for positions within the South Orange County Community College District, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the South Orange County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the South Orange County Community College District are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at the South Orange County Community College District.