• Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
• Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
• Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
• Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
• Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, holding classes the full period, calculating grades correctly prior to turning them in to the Registrar's Office, attending occasional on-campus functions after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends as requested.
• Maintains strict confidentiality of records and information.
• Develops departmental programs for majors, minors, professional areas and teaching certificates.
• Prepares program brochures and related exhibits for departmental public relations.
• Writes course outlines, submit course outlines to the Division Chair and teach course content. Meets scheduled classes promptly and engender appropriate classroom decorum and positive classroom discipline.
• Provides coverage of classes during absence of colleagues.
• Exhibits subject matter competence and pedagogical skill; prepare for classroom experiences that build upon the backgrounds of the students.
• Maintains records and prepare and transmit regularly scheduled reports and non-recurring reports promptly to the appropriate recipient.
• Keeps required office hours and be available on campus to confer with and advise students.
• Duties include ordering books, advising students with major or minor areas in the department and updating degree plans as requested.
• Maintains personal development through writing (proposals, etc) experiences, further studies, research, professional meetings and conferences of learned societies.
• Implements departmental programs.
• Belongs to professional organizations and actively participate in the work and meeting of these organizations.
• Shares research and professional accomplishments with the total College and the larger academic and professional community.
• Facilitates security, repair, maintenance and appropriate use of all equipment and laboratories.
• Participates in area, departmental, divisional and all College faculty meetings.
• Assists the College in its recruitment and retention efforts.
• Becomes acquainted with the history of the College, its goals and objectives.
• Serves as a role model both in and out of the classroom.
• Performs other professional duties as assigned.
Ph.D. in Biology or related fields
3+ years teaching
Submit CV, transcripts and cover letter to email@example.com
When inquiring or applying for positions at Jarvis Christian College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Jarvis Christian College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Jarvis Christian College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Jarvis Christian College.