The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for supporting Adler University faculty, staff, and student technology requests as well as providing Audio/Visual equipment usage and content production assistance to faculty, staff, and students.
This position will work closely with other members of the Technology department to diagnose and resolve user problems, questions and inquiries ensuring that procedures are aligned with established University policies and enterprise best-practices (ITIL). The Technical Support Specialist must be an experienced, self-motivated individual who is committed to delivering an outstanding customer support experience and should have a strong technical understanding of enterprise hardware, applications and networked systems. The candidate is also expected to be sensitive to the various needs and abilities of users and should possess excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience and a positive, customer-friendly attitude.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- A minimum of one (1) years of work experience in enterprise networked systems support.
- One of the following certifications (or higher) preferred: HDI, MCSE, CCNA, MCP, A+, ITIL Foundations
- Commitment to diversity and building an inclusive community.
- Outstanding deductive and investigative skills to identify and diagnose complex, non-intuitive technical problems required.
- An effective communicator including written, oral, and listening with the ability to educate at all levels of the organization to ensure alignment on strategy and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally with high level of tenacity to solve problems.
- Strong collaboration acumen and relationship building abilities.
- Sound understanding of IT Service Management and clear commitment to ITSM frameworks like ITIL.
- Demonstrated experience supporting audio/visual technologies in an academic or corporate environment.
- Demonstrated experience supporting and troubleshooting enterprise workstation hardware, Windows, macOS and iOS operating systems and standard office productivity applications and tools (Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with network security and recovery tools and systems (Symantec Endpoint Protection, Windows system recovery tools, operating system imaging tools, etc.)
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence, empathy, and professional maturity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support for all students, faculty and staff using Office 365, computers, mobile devices, Ellucian Colleague ERP, Canvas LMS, A/V and various proprietary applications desk-side and via phone or email.
- Performs regular configuration administration, operating system / application installation and updates, threat scanning analysis to ensure optimum computer workstation performance and integration with classroom AV equipment.
- Manage networked and standalone printer maintenance/cleaning schedules, jams/problem resolution, as well as consumables inventory, recycling, and re-supply
- Work with asset tracking system to ensure accurate and updated inventory information on all workstations, printers, equipment, etc.
- Ensures timely completion of Service Desk incident tickets, service requests and maintenance of ticketing queue in alignment with team service level agreement objectives
- Assist faculty, staff, students with AV support needs, recording / production assistance of classroom activities and other events, training and usage of videoconferencing systems and conference rooms.
- Supports VoIP telephone system end user issues such as moving extensions and voicemail configuration.
- Troubleshoot wired and wireless network connectivity issues university wide.
- Helps to develop and maintain documentation for procedures and troubleshooting.
- Coordinates and delivers end user training workshops as needed.
- Assisting with hardware deployment and management for faculty, staff and students.
- Other duties and projects as assigned or needed.
Work Environment (Physical Demands): The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs functions require the following physical demands: some lifting to 25 pounds, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as responds, in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect and composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School's Vision, Mission, Values and Key Strategies through both verbal and written communication.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Cooperates with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and conflicts.
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts success of the team above own interests.
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive, problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and innovative solutions.
- Exercises sound, accurate and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process improvement.
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Monitors own performance, accept responsibility for actions and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and completes projects and activities in professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs while maintaining highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key Strategies:
- Supports and models the School's Values of: social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honors diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism and collaboration.
- Articulates the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School's Vision, Mission and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the School's strategic plan and key strategies.