The Facilities and Events Manager, reporting to the Vice President for Administration and coordinates all aspects of building operations for 100,000 sf campus of in downtown Chicago including overseeing maintenance, repairs, and renovations, and serves as the primary point of contact between the Chicago campus and building management. Responsibilities also include directing facilities operations, event management and other related services necessary for the operations of university facilities and the safety/security of students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Provide short-and long-term range planning and guidance for the facilities in support of the mission, goals and budget of the institution.
- Manage all aspects of 100,000 sf campus facility operations including all furniture, fixtures and non-IT equipment. Collaborate with Facilities Manager at 2nd campus in Vancouver, BC.
- Manage operations within the annual facilities operational and capital budgets.
- Collaborate with institutional programs, departments and Leadership Team to oversee all space assignments. Assign offices and cubicles. Coordinate relocations.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of entire campus.
- Manage three staff employees plus additional security personnel and student employees.
Life Safety Management
- Provide leadership for OSHA compliance and to establish a safe campus environment in relation to physical facilities.
- Develop safety procedures and rules and ensure that university facilities are free from safety hazards and meet cleanliness standards.
- Supervise security personnel.
- Responsible for security policies and procedures including Clery Act and emergency management regulations and procedures.
- Manages response to emergencies such as fires, bomb threats, disturbances or building evacuations.
- Serves as a member of the Emergency Management Leadership Team.
- Manage vendors for phone / data, copiers, mobile phones, office supplies, office furniture.
- Work with Landlord to monitor and manage level of service provided by Engineers, Cleaning Staff, etc.
- Oversee the standard office supplies ordering process.
- Oversee on-campus events involving internal and outside groups.
- Manage event room calendars, information gathering, food/beverage purchasing, event oversight, technical coordination with IT, and continuing policy development
- For external partners, manage rental applications, costs proposals, and contracts
- Attend events to facilitate operations and ensure success; respond to emergencies and/or problems; ensure all aspects of events and executed contract are implemented and controlled
- Work with Accounting to track related expenditures, fees, and invoicing
- Hours are 9:00-5:00 M-F but must be flexible to work some nights and weekends to support infrequent large events.
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Project Management or related field.
- Knowledge of building materials and their use in the maintenance and repair of large buildings.
- 5-7 years of related experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standards and practices of space acquisition, utilization, and management.
- Ability to develop short and long-range plans that meet established facility objectives and contribute to the overall goals and mission of the university.
- Excellent communication skills, extremely well organized and able to multi-task in a fast past environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.