Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 + (commensurate with education and experience)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$25.48 per hour
The Dallas College Facilities Management Department supports the facility needs for Dallas College while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the College's physical assets. The Facilities Management Department is responsible for approximately 5,000,000 sq. ft. of physical space and over 1400 acres of land, located across multiple locations in Dallas County. The position of HVAC Technician supports that effort through the performance of advanced skilled craftwork in the HVAC trade.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Requires sitting, standing, walking, bending over, stooping, twisting, talking, hearing, climbing ladders, using stairs, reaching overhead, crouching, kneeling, or crawling. Pushing or pulling 10-50 lbs., lifting 10-80 lbs., carrying 10-50 lbs., repetitive use of arms and legs, driving, balancing, manual dexterity-fine manipulation or grasping. May require working in adverse weather conditions.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for all installation, maintenance and repair of heating, ventilation, and air condition units and associated air handling, and chilled water distribution.
• Maintain compliance with preventive maintenance standards, policies, and procedures, conducting training for technicians in repair and preventative maintenance procedures.
• Responsible for the maintenance of records, the preparation of reports and the requisitioning of supplies, tools, materials, and equipment.
• Manages the skilled technicians engaged in repairing HVAC equipment of the college facilities.
• Ensures the highest quality of HVAC work across all Dallas College locations.
• Coordinates the completion of work orders, estimation of materials, labor costs and equipment needed when ordering materials and supplies.
• Coordinates the work of independent contractors engaged in HVAC and electrical repair work.
• Works with other facilities teammates to ensure the highest level of customer service and provides safe and healthy buildings for Dallas College students, faculty, and staff.
• Assists other facilities management teams as required.
• Displays the highest ethical and professional behavior in working with students, college staff, and outside agencies associated with the college.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for positions within Dallas College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Dallas College are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at Dallas College.