|Adjunct Faculty Title||Marketing Instructor|
|Job Type||Adjunct Faculty|
|Employee Type||Part Time|
|Course(s)||MKT110 - Principles of Marketing day and evening classes on campus.|
|Anticipated Schedule||Day, Evening Courses|
|Pay Rate Information||
|Position Start Date||08/15/2022|
|Position End Date|
Teach Marketing course
Teach MKT110 - Professional Selling. Course description is as follows: Professional Selling is the study of selling as a part of the marketing process. Consumer behavior, persuasion, the importance of a positive attitude, careers in sales, the sales process and specific techniques are discussed. Students are provided with the skills to efficiently and effectively communicate value and develop long-term relationships with customers and prospects. They learn to develop professional selling strategies and tactics that are unique and genuine to their personalities and how to apply professional sales principles to goods and services in Business to Consumer (B2C), Business to Business (B2B) and Direct Sales situations.
Including but are not limited to:
· Teach courses as assigned by the College.
· Available to teach daytime, evening, or weekend classes, as needed
· Available for student conferences either before or after class, and by College email if necessary
· Develop syllabus using MCC syllabus template
· Work cooperatively within the department, the division, and throughout the College in striving for educational excellence
· Conduct regular assessment of student learning
· Maintain and submit accurate student and course-related paperwork and data needed for College purposes in a timely fashion
· Document and report attendance daily and maintain and submit accurate attendance records weekly
· Submit grade reports electronically by the required date
· Utilize a variety of teaching styles in order to satisfy the different learning styles of students
· Utilize computer-based instruction and databases when necessary
Required Qualifications Master's degree in Marketing, MBA, or related field with 18 graduate credit hours in the discipline and 2000 hours of related work experience.
|Other Required Qualifications||
Proficiency in Marketing.
· Experience teaching Marketing.
· Willingness to use educational technology (i.e. course management platform such as Canvas)
· Demonstrated commitment to professional growth, especially regarding contemporary expertise specific to assigned teaching content
· Commitment to the mission of the community college, and to teaching and motivating community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles
· Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated teaching experience
· Experience with Canvas or similar Learning Management System (LMS) or willingness to complete Canvas training through the colleges center for Teaching and Learning.
|Applications accepted until the position is filled?||No|
|If No, Application Deadline Date|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
When inquiring or applying for positions within McHenry County College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at McHenry County College are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at McHenry County College.