Cardinal Stritch University is currently seeking a qualified candidate for our Student Success Center department. The Director of Academic Advising is responsible for the oversight and management of the Academic Advising department’s operation, budget, planning, personnel, and technology. Responsibilities include developing and sustaining efficient and progressive student-centered policies, processes and services for students regarding academic advising and degree planning. In addition, as a member of the Enrollment Management leadership team, the Director facilitates collaborative efforts and activities to promote student retention for all student populations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for all activities, functions and processes of the Academic Advising Department
- Facilitate all planning and implementation of Academic Advising goals, objectives and strategic plans as well as associated assessment and reporting activities
- Administrate the Academic Advising budgets, including annual operating requests and proposals
- Responsible for the hiring, selection and training of Academic Advising staff, both at the main campus and off-campus sites, including online
- Provide daily management and leadership to Academic Advising staff
- Facilitate the collaborative development and maintenance of a University-wide Advising philosophy & standards
- Create and maintain processes to assess University advising practices & the adherence to established philosophy and standards
- Coordinate communication, training & regular meetings of all University professional advisors
- Coordinate communication, training and regular meetings with colleges, departments and individual faculty to assure continuity in the advising experience as it relates to both academic and professional goal setting and attainment
- Develop and sustain efficient and progressive student-centered policies, processes and services for students that promote their continued enrollment and success at Cardinal Stritch University – specifically focused on academic advising and career discernment
- Facilitate the attainment of returning student enrollment goals through the management of retention data points to identify intervention strategies that promote student retention, progression and graduation
- Liaison with the Registrar’s Office in management of processes to support the advising and registration of students in Jenzabar EX – specifically focused on registration tools, timelines and policies as well as the presentation and accuracy of advising requirements
- Develop and implement web-based tools, resources and services that best complement our students’ needs and expectations
- Implement and grow an early alert program that identifies barriers, offers referrals and provides connection to resources to aid in the continual enrollment of students
- Provide holistic student service using necessary technologies: Jenzabar, Slate, EAB-Navigate (StritchPass), etc.
- Facilitate resolution of escalated student issues regarding academic advising
- Act as a member of the Enrollment Management Leadership team, coordinating cross-departmental activities with other areas in the division
- Represent Academic Advising and Enrollment Management on assigned University committees
- Other duties as assigned
- Directly supervise a team of 4-5 professional staff
- Master’s degree required; minimum of five years of related higher education experience required; experience in academic advising preferred.
- Experience should reflect evidence of increasing responsible assignment, outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills; ability to work with students, faculty and administrators; a record of excellent customer service; and proven technological proficiency.
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.stritch.edu/About/Careers-at-Stritch.
Cardinal Stritch University is a Catholic, Franciscan university rooted in four key Franciscan values: creating a caring community, sharing compassion, reverencing creation and peacemaking. Our mission is to transform lives through value-centered education.
A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
In compliance with the amendments to the federal Clery Act concerning annual security reports, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University's annual Campus Crime Statistics here.
In compliance with the amendments to Title IX which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex and gender in education programs, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University's Title IX policies here.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
When inquiring or applying for positions within Cardinal Stritch University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Cardinal Stritch University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Cardinal Stritch University are posted, job seekers please sign up at new job openings at Cardinal Stritch University.